Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVE Oscars 2014 - Not IRISH SKY TV !

Options
  • 26-02-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just after contacting Sky TV Ireland and Irish customers wont have access to the 2014 Oscars Live show on Sunday.

GUTTED! - what a JOKE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Why wont they? Is Sky Movies not available here anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Is it because rte have exclusive rights for ireland maybe? I know sometimes films on e4 or film4 arent available if they are on rte a few days later. Maybe has sonething to do with it bit strange otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Is it because rte have exclusive rights for ireland maybe? I know sometimes films on e4 or film4 arent available if they are on rte a few days later. Maybe has sonething to do with it bit strange otherwise

RTE only have highlights, as usual.

RTÉ don't have exclusive rights, only highlights. It is live on Sky Movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

sally365 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just after contacting Sky TV Ireland and Irish customers wont have access to the 2014 Oscars Live show on Sunday.

GUTTED! - what a JOKE

It's on Sky Movies, the same as it has been for years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sally365

Message from Sky Support: ''Evenin and thanks for the interest in the Oscars 2014 Live Show, unfortunately we only have an agreement in place to show this in the UK and it will not be broadcast in Ireland. Let us know if you have any questions and it would be great if you could complete our Facebook survey here: http://bit.ly/1e3DgCq if you've not already done so. Thanks, Kei.''

What's going on here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

RTE have exclusive rights..
    Simple as.

Sky once upon a time said they didn't have champions league rights for Ireland. But they show it here every week. Their support always says UK only as they don't have a clue.

I'll be watching free on German TV as I do every year

Update from SKY!

“All programming on all Sky’s wholly owned channels is available to all Sky customers across the UK and Ireland.
    Ireland is no different.”

Yay enjoy guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Of course it is, as you confirmed. Where did you ever get the idea that it wasn't?

• Advertisement

Saw it on facebook comment by a Sky support employee

Those comments are a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

How is this a surprise? Sky Movies have had it for almost a decade!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

sally365 wrote: »
    Message from Sky Support: ''Evenin and thanks for the interest in the Oscars 2014 Live Show, unfortunately we only have an agreement in place to show this in the UK and it will not be broadcast in Ireland. Let us know if you have any questions and it would be great if you could complete our Facebook survey here: http://bit.ly/1e3DgCq if you've not already done so. Thanks, Kei.''

What's going on here?

You would expect Sky Support to know a bit more about their schedules, in fairness.

Ah well, all cleared up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Not to be confused with the live Oscar Pistorious trial starting on Monday as well.

Why call them? They are being shown on Sky Movies in Ireland.

EDIT - previous poster advising OP to call Sky has been deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭anomynous

Anyone know where I could watch it tonight cause I don't have Sky??

German channel Pro 7 had a stream last year that wasn't geoblocked. You might get lucky with it this year

http://www.prosieben.de/static/oscars/index.html

Obviously there's nothing on there now apart from a few adverts but might be worth checking later

do you know what time it should be starting on this site?

Red carpet stuff is showing on it now

• Advertisement

Thanks for the link, it's working perfectly :)

Advertisement