Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sink water going to radiators

Options
  • 26-02-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have a following problem.

Scenario1:
    If the gas boiler turned off and sink or bath only is turned on radiators are going hot. How it's possible?

Scenario 2:
    If I turn off the sink and bath and running only the gas boiler and keep valve to the hot water tank open - radiators stay cold and have hot water only at the hot water tank. Otherwise if I turn off the valve to the boiler - radiators are hot again. Anybody know any solution for this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

When you say sink/bath are you talking about the electric immersion switch ?

With the gas, do you have seperate control / zones with the rads and hot water tank ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moneysurfing

scudo2 wrote: »
    When you say sink/bath are you talking about the electric immersion switch ?

With the gas, do you have seperate control / zones with the rads and hot water tank ?

1./ yes I mean electric immersion switch.

2./ no I don't have separate controllers on gas boiler, there is only switch on-off and spinning button from 1 to 6, it's a Ideal Classic on the stickers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

1./ yes I mean electric immersion switch.

2./ no I don't have separate controllers on gas boiler, there is only switch on-off and spinning button from 1 to 6, it's a Ideal Classic on the stickers.

Is the pump running / vibrating on the gas boiler when boiler is OFF ?

If yes then you need an RGII service eng. to call and check the over run thermostat on the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moneysurfing

no the pump is not running if the boiler is off

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭alancar89

no the pump is not running if the boiler is off

Is the cylinder old? Could be a leaking coil?

• Advertisement
Advertisement