Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

drylining fixing

Options
  • 26-02-2014 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I am interior drylineing useing xtratherm thermal liner, onto a stone walled house.
    I have rendered with waterproof additive onto the stone, now I need to attach the board, I have seen expanding foam products which are claimed to stop expanding when board is attached, which would seem easyier to use than the normal dab technique.
    Any experience with foam system, which would seem best?
    Cheers
    Rog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

Better off dabbing them on only use the foam when using fixings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Best to use fixings. there a little slower to do but a permanent job.
    Soudal make a foam fixing for this job also. I bought some but haven't used it yet due to the cold weather.
    I have been told by someone who's in the trade that it's very good.Spay it on in lines 8/9 inches apart making sure to seal all around the edges. The trick with it I was told is to wait until it's Tacky to the Touch about 10 to 15 minutes after applying before you lift the sheets into place.
    The reason to seal all sides is to make sure you don't create any space for inter terrestrial condensation behind the sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

If you use fixings you will be puncturing the water proof render making it a waste of time, also fixings are only for solid block with a cavity between, if you use them on a stone walled house or on cavity blocks you get bridging through the steel and no matter how many times you paint will be left with small circles on the wall when its cold or damp.

Advertisement