Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother Canada - Season 2 ***Spoilers***

Options
  • 26-02-2014 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Season 2 is kicking off next Wednesday.
    I really enjoyed the first season (it follows the US format of the show), so looking forward to this.
    It airs on Slice in Canada.

Will anyone else be watching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,365 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Oh, I assumed this hadn't been renewed simply because I hadn't heard about a second season.

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Oh, I assumed this hadn't been renewed simply because I hadn't heard about a second season.

I'm in!

I've just been keeping an eye out myself. Generally we wouldn't hear about renewals for most Canadian shows (especially Reality TV), but I can see Big Brother Canada and Amazing Race Canada being around for quite some time. Which is good, because I love the US versions of those shows. Double the fun.

Looks like it was announce as far back as last June. I didn't think the ratings were great so assumed it was unlikely to be picked up again.

There's going to be a weekly 'big brothers little brother' type show hosted by Gary and Peter from last year.

There's going to be a weekly 'big brothers little brother' type show hosted by Gary and Peter from last year.

Oh that'll be good. Peter was my favourite last season. Is it also gonna be on Slice, or is it a YouTube/podcast type show, they've just decided to do them selves (like Rob Cesterino does with Survivor)?

Yeah, it'll be on Slice after the Thursday night eviction show.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it'll be on Slice after the Thursday night eviction show.

Excellent. Makes me all the more excited. :D

It started back last night - the new house looks absolutely amazing. I'd love to live there for like a week. Actually I'd gladly be a contestant on BB Canada or US, because you actually get to talk strategy and play a real game, unlike the UK edition.

My early favourites going simply on first impressions are the Gay Lumberjack, Hot Yoga Girl with the autistic brother, and the Ice Hockey Dude.

The only one I instantly disliked was the Roided Up Meat-Head who undid his shirt minutes into entering the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking forward to it. Very entertaining last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Hard to get to know the housemates so far, but my early favourites are Jon and Rachelle.
    Not liking the way it is edited at the moment, giving WAY to much time to these "secret" housemates. They threw the evictee
    Anick
    out the door, didn't even seat them for the interview, just so we could watch the secret housemates being blindfolded and led in. So pointless.
    Anick
    seemed to suggest in the eviction interview that the vote wasn't supposed to go that way, so I would have been way more interested in hearing what alliances had been made and what changed in the meantime. I'm sure by now there have been a few alliances made but not a hint of any on the edited programme.

Of the secret housemates, my fave is Nate so far.Fairly sure Scott will be voted in as this years Gary. He annoyed me so much is the eviction episode with his drawn out "gee, let me think..." answers. He would be so annoying as a housemate.

Can't wait until they finish with this twist and just get stuck into the game itself and start making alliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

what channell is it on and what time

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    what channell is it on and what time

Slice (it's a Canadian station) - Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9pm (Eastern Standard Time)

That was the toughest opening 2 episodes of a BB season I've ever had to endure. As mentioned earlier, the edit is horrendous. Too busy pushing the 'twistos twist' down our necks and far too much of a shake up for a second season. More than likely due to the added $ that comes with a public vote via the phone lines. I suspect there could be a whole lot more of that to come.

I might jump ship if they don't settle down into a normal game with a normal edit.

A number of housemates gave a hand gesture to the camera during the eviction votes which implied that an alliance had formed. Or maybe it's what app the hip kids are doing in Canada are doing these days and has no connection to the game at all.

That was the toughest opening 2 episodes of a BB season I've ever had to endure. As mentioned earlier, the edit is horrendous. Too busy pushing the 'twistos twist' down our necks and far too much of a shake up for a second season. More than likely due to the added $ that comes with a public vote via the phone lines. I suspect there could be a whole lot more of that to come.

I might jump ship if they don't settle down into a normal game with a normal edit.

A number of housemates gave a hand gesture to the camera during the eviction votes which implied that an alliance had formed. Or maybe it's what app the hip kids are doing in Canada are doing these days and has no connection to the game at all.

I saw on another forum that there is a "first five" alliance formed between the first five housemates that entered. Think the hand signal is one finger then five. Why they didn't show that alliance being formed instead of the stupid twist I don't know.

I saw on another forum that there is a "first five" alliance formed between the first five housemates that entered. Think the hand signal is one finger then five. Why they didn't show that alliance being formed instead of the stupid twist I don't know.
    Yup, I was going to say that it looked like some '5 to 1' alliance was formed so that explains it. Stupid decision not to show it although last nights episode should go some way to filling in a lot of these gaps.

The alliance was formed in the very first episode, as soon as they entered the house. I remember it being said at the time.
    That said though, they should have had at least another scene with mention to that alliance.
    I'm sure it'll get better - the cast are interesting enough anyway.

That episode was much better. I'm back on board!

There really is some detestable contestants. I already disliked that Paul guy before he imploded. Terrible strategy.

I hope that Heather girl sticks around enough so that she suffers a well deserved fall from grace. Girl needs to learn a lesson that her looks and flirting won't get her everything.

My initial faves are Kenny, Arlie, Jon and Rachelle.

Forming that first five alliance could be a great move. If they're lucky enough to have no wildcard in there (which seems to be the case after 3 episodes) then they could have a solid crew of unlikely alliance members.

The names that keep coming up as fan favourites everywhere are Kenny, Jon and Rachelle - hope they last a good bit into the game.

damn product integration

*shakes fist*

Now that we've gotten to know the houseguests a bit better here's my take on them.

Sarah - I really like her and she's fast becoming one of my faves.

Sabrina - I like the way she's playing the game, but she needs to reel it in a bit or she'll soon find herself getting found out.

Kenny - I still like him, but he's far too serious. I thought he'd be funnier.

Andrew - Protein Shake! Protein Shake! Typical jock type, not a big fan.

Arlie - Dude needs to sort out his hair and stop being so blatantly obvious that he's throwing challenges. Hope he doesn't go too far into the game.

Rachelle - Liked her at first, but she's getting on my nerves now with all the "new girl" stuff. Her name is Allison, you know her name, stop calling her "new girl". Also think for yourself - you're being used.

Neda - She's pretty decent, but she's definitely down the bottom of the totem pole at the moment. Can't see her going very far.

Jon - Good craic, liked by everyone. One of the ones I'm rooting for.

Adel - He's clearly a good guy, which I must praise him for, but ultimately he gets on my nerves a bit and I'm not even sure why.

Heather - On first impressions I hated her, but then she became the underdog and suddenly I'm team Heather. Up there with Jon, Sarah and Allison on my favourites list.

Ika - Either she's getting a really bad edit or she's a horrible person. Also involved with the whole "new girl" bullsh*t.

Allison - I love Allison, she seems so grounded and down to Earth. Out of all of them, she's probably the person I'd be most likely to hang out with in real life. Reminds me of a few of my friends.

Anyone who is caught up...
    You don't have to be in Canada to nominate houseguests... Voting closes in 3 hours and it's at bigbrothercanada.ca
    I voted for Andrew and Arlie, because if the season is going to be entertaining the first 5 alliance needs to be broken up...
    Should be interesting to see who goes up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

On a catchup session with this... The episode with Ika vs. The Letters/$5k was fantastic TV. :)

I'd be fuming if I was part of the first 5 alliance. They were playing such a good game until BB decided to put their fate in Canadas hand. The only power the viewing public should have in my book is the ability to select what quirky food choice awaits the have nots.

I'm rooting for Neda at this stage I think. Looking forward to the next phase of the game as it's a little boring at the moment.

Neda is playing a great game since that Canada HOH tipped the game in that side of the houses favour. Hope she takes it home from here.

I'm rooting for Heather myself. Although Neda would be my second choice.

I'm hoping Jon or Neda wins. The only thing with Jon though,is he would have to win the final HOH himself. No one is going to take him to final 2, so he has a smaller chance of winning than Neda. Jon and Heather will both take Neda to final 2 I'd say.

REALLY hoping Sabrina doesn't make it to final 2!!

I'm rooting for Heather myself. Although Neda would be my second choice.
    Yeah, I've radically changed my opinion of her since I said this earlier in the thread.
    I hope that Heather girl sticks around enough so that she suffers a well deserved fall from grace. Girl needs to learn a lesson that her looks and flirting won't get her everything.

Not sure if it's the edit or whether she's actually matured but she has come across well over the past few weeks.

I think Neda has played the game the hardest without anyone really knowing she's being playing at all (apart from when Jon spilled the beans on when she threw out the food).

A Heather/Neda final 2 would be great and maybe even the likeliest the happen at this stage.

:(

:(

I was happy enough with the winner. My 3rd choice of the entire cast...
    My number 1 pick was Heather, then Neda, then Jon... And to be fair I liked Jon from day 1. Took awhile for Heather and Neda to grow on me. He's a much more deserving winner than Jillian was last year

Anywho, the US version should be starting in a few weeks and that's much better than the Canada version in general.

Ah yeah, I think I've just developed a bit of a thing for Neda. Jon was a great player. Nedas game would have been pretty perfect if Jon hadn't won all those critical competitions towards the end of the series. Nobody would have taken him to the final 2/3 even. I'd love to see Neda in some North American All Stars series someday.

Anyway, roll on the 25th June.

• Advertisement
Advertisement