Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tataniano train is boarding

Options
  • 26-02-2014 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

I apologize here for a possible hopeless case of heart ruling head, but Tataniano was my favorite horse after a couple of ridiculously good performance’s in his novice days, and I've been watching him with interest this year after he has followed the same path as one of my current favs Tatenan to the stable of Richard Rowe. He has never had a full season of racing since his novice days and really only showed his true class once, bolting up in a 2 mile handicap against some decent yardsticks of a rating of 160. He had a half decent seasonal opener at Cheltenham and followed that up with 3 runs in the space of 60 days on soft Ground. The alarm bells really rang for me last time out as he is a known far better horse on good ground and to see him fade out on heavy ground over 2m5f really reeked of a spin to get him down further in the handicap. His mark is now an unbelievable 138 and he will get about 10:07/8 in either of his festival appearances. He has been given a decent break since hopefully to get him right. Given his preference for good ground and the fact that I’ve managed to pick out each of Tatenans 3 wins a big prices for the same connections, I’ve a silly amount of (possibly misplaced ) confidence that he is about to strike. I would hope that the ground will be decent at Cheltenham but if not I’m assuming he would go to Aintree.

I’ll take advantage of the Bet-Victors Non-Runner Free Bet concession for what looks a price I would be very happy with once his odds start to tumble hopefully close to the race. Should it turn up soft at the festival I think he won’t run and well roll on to Aintree for another shot.

I had the Grand Annual in mind all year for him but he is also engaged in the Byrne Group Plate over 2m4f and although I’d prefer the 2 mile race he should be fine once the ground is decent for the longer trip.

2 Points EW 40/1 BetVictor NRFB Byrne Plate
    2 Point EW 33/1 BetVictor NRFB Grand Annual

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Have had small bets on him at 85 and 70 for the grand annual. Small but enough to be a very nice win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Backed him myself at 50s for the Grand Annual during the week and he could be on a lovely mark. Last time he ran in a handicap was 7 starts ago in November 2012 and his 6 runs since in Listed/Graded company (5 Graded) are probably past his ability now but the handicapper has definitely relelnted an awful lot dropping him to 138.

I think our old buddy Tatenen 33/1 could be in with a great shout if he heads to the Byrne Group Plate off a mark of 140 and I thought he ran a blinder off this mark behind Venetia's very well backed Aachen LTO in desperate ground that he would have hated.

I've done a small each way double at 1,733/1 with Skybet on the pair and one can only dream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

On the train at a risky 50 with hills for the grand annual as per our innuendo conv 2 weeks ago! Not sure if he would
    Go for the longer trip though..no real form over further

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

rossom wrote: »
    Backed him myself at 50s for the Grand Annual during the week and he could be on a lovely mark. Last time he ran in a handicap was 7 starts ago in November 2012 and his 6 runs since in Listed/Graded company (5 Graded) are probably past his ability now but the handicapper has definitely relelnted an awful lot dropping him to 138.

I think our old buddy Tatenen 33/1 could be in with a great shout if he heads to the Byrne Group Plate off a mark of 140 and I thought he ran a blinder off this mark behind Venetia's very well backed Aachen LTO in desperate ground that he would have hated.

I've done a small each way double at 1,733/1 with Skybet on the pair and one can only dream!

i think i may follow you on that double as well, Tatenan ran well last year of 129 in the Grand Annual and would be better off in the Byrne Group..

aidankkk wrote: »
    i think i may follow you on that double as well, Tatenan ran well last year of 129 in the Grand Annual and would be better off in the Byrne Group..

139 mate. Don't downplay his greatness!!

• Advertisement

rossom wrote: »
    139 mate. Don't downplay his greatness!!

Typo ;-)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Not sure I want to board the Tatenen train

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Not sure I want to board the Tatenen train

Your at the station and the doors are about to close...what do you do ... Jump on or watch the train go ... This could be like final destination for you...

Backing tatenen is a heart move I think lads...

ste2010 wrote: »
    Your at the station and the doors are about to close...what do you do ... Jump on or watch the train go ... This could be like final destination for you...

Backing tatenen is a heart move I think lads...

Wouldn't really agree tbh. Proved he can be competitive off 140 LTO (albeit it in a much less competitive contest) but if he gets good ground I think he'll run a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 asificare

lets hope so must have a small dabble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

not much 50s left, Skybet a total waste of time and Hills aren't NRNB

Powers won't let me buy a ticket for the train, Went to back it at 40/1 NRNB but they only offered me 2.75 each way

not much 50s left, Skybet a total waste of time and Hills aren't NRNB

Powers won't let me buy a ticket for the train, Went to back it at 40/1 NRNB but they only offered me 2.75 each way

Skybet offered me 1.22 e/w when I went to put more on.

Account will be swiftly closed after Chelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I have to say I have a soft spot for auld Tataniano and I didnt think there was many of us left.
    I was there at the November meeting when he beat Pigeon Island in the novice chase. Pigeon Island has gone on to greater success than he has.

I wont be boarding the train this time lads but Ill be cheering him home if he jumps the last in touch.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Skybet now NRNB and 50/1 Tataniano

I had the max on (all of 4.84 each way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Which of the two races will he line up for though ?

tomaussie wrote: »
    Which of the two races will he line up for though ?

You'd have to think the Grand Annual, but sure with nrnb it doesn't matter..

How the mighty have fallen.

My one time favourite Horse is running tomorrow in a Hunter Chase at Exeter.

Hell love the good ground and is only 11 which is grand.

He gave some brilliant performances in his time but unfortunately not regularly enough. His winning the Magull Novice Chase over 2 miles at Aintree a few years ago was only bettered by a novice this year in Vautour.

If his new trainer can train at all he must have a bit of a chance in this Donkey Race..

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

3rd at 7/1.

Kempton 5:00

After watching his last race, he stands a real chance here . Good ground flat track it couldn't be better (well maybe 2 miles instead of 2m4f). only 11/4 but ill be having 2 points on him today

2 Points win 11/4 Generally

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Once again thank you Aidan. Never in doubt

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    Kempton 5:00

After watching his last race, he stands a real chance here . Good ground flat track it couldn't be better (well maybe 2 miles instead of 2m4f). only 11/4 but ill be having 2 points on him today

2 Points win 11/4 Generally

only 16 months in the making, and the only bet that counted as the rest we NRNB.. This tread can be retired now .. :-).....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Cheers aidan appreciate that!!!

Advertisement