Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go out with a girl for the first time?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Im not sure Ive chosen the right thread for that, but:
    Where better to invite a girl for the first time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Coffee? Dinner? A drink? They're the safe bets. Do you know anything else that she'd be interested in?

Anything but the cinema, utterly pointless. . .even bowling would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Doncor

She likes tennis, and i play it, but its a lilttle bit cold outside for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I've taken a few of my dates to a Sushi restaurant in the city. It's well priced, pretty casual and something different.

Plus I love sushi and look for any excuse to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Doncor

Oh, youre licky, i hate all kinds of fish...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Somewhere you can converse without shouting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

I've taken a few of my dates to a Sushi restaurant in the city. It's well priced, pretty casual and something different.

Plus I love sushi and look for any excuse to go.

A nice meal in a good restaurant for sure, but Sushi can be quite divisive so make sure and ask her before booking tables etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

theteal wrote: »
    Coffee? Dinner? A drink? They're the safe bets. Do you know anything else that she'd be interested in?

Anything but the cinema, utterly pointless. . .even bowling would be better

Actually I took a girl to the cinema on our first date last summer and it was amazing. I knew what she was interested in, so I chose a film that interested the two of us. It was great for breaking the ice if you are naturally shy because you have something to talk about on the way to the venue and when you are walking her back home.

Coffee or a drink are other good recommendations. You could also try the zoo or a picnic. Think dinner is better for when you know her a little better because everyone has different tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

karaokeman wrote: »
    Actually I took a girl to the cinema on our first date last summer and it was amazing. I knew what she was interested in, so I chose a film that interested the two of us. It was great for breaking the ice if you are naturally shy because you have something to talk about on the way to the venue and when you are walking her back home.

Aye, and you shouldn't be stuck for conversation if you choose the right film. ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Tea. I like to bring people out for tea first, have a good chat, and if it goes well dinner and a drink, if not I had some nice tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

The zoo and then a meal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mod

Hi OP,

I'm afraid we don't allow discussion on dating here, there is however a dedicated Online Dating forum which can be accessed by pm'ing one of the mods.

You'll get more details of this in the charter here, at the top of the forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement