Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostbusters Game - R.I.P Harold Ramis

Options
  • 26-02-2014 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭

I just saw the Legendary car pack is free today for Burnout Paradise which included the Ecto-1 lookalike car as tribute to poor Egon.

Got me thinking about other Ghostbuster games and this was my childhood Ghostbusting experience!

Man that was brilliant, don't care what anyone says!

Anyway, made me look up the 2009 game written by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd and it actually looks quite good. Anyone play this and recommend it? I see it going cheap in places and would be a nice farewell to Egon.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's really not a good game. I didn't get very far into it, but was quite disappointed from what i remember. The controls were awful.

Definitely not the "Ghostbusters 3" like some people were hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I only played this pretty recently and quite enjoyed it. I had no problem with the controls at all but then again I was playing it with an xbox 360 pad on the PC. Worked quite well!

Always fun to run around proton packing ghosts and trying to wrangle them into the trap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I played the first level of this but never went back. I can't quite remember why, it couldn't have been that bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyway, made me look up the 2009 game written by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd and it actually looks quite good. Anyone play this and recommend it? I see it going cheap in places and would be a nice farewell to Egon
    Definitely, everybody has to play this game. One of my favourites games of the PS3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anyway, made me look up the 2009 game written by Harold Ramis and Dan Aykroyd and it actually looks quite good. Anyone play this and recommend it? I see it going cheap in places and would be a nice farewell to Egon

I'd recommend it without a second thought. Got it for Xmas when it came out and thoroughly enjoyed it. Have been tempted to pick it up again a few times when I've seen it on the shelves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

I loved the game. Wanted it so much I bought it from canada as it was blocked on xbox over here as sony had exclusive rights for it, might go back and replay it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Must keep a lookout in shops. I saw gamestop was selling it online for 3 euro but it was all sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Loved the C64 one back in the day. I don't think I actually every made it to the very end myself as the marshmallow man got me if I was lucky to get that far.

I remember seeing a video of it a while ago, showing off a prototype of it back in the day. They were really proud of the synthesised "Ghostbusters" sound.

RIP Ramis.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The game was fun if nothing special, but has all the Ghostbusters elements you know and love. The mechanics are fairly solid and it feels pretty authentic. Movement can be a but wonky but you've got a proton pack on you.

Definitely worth getting tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Must keep a lookout in shops. I saw gamestop was selling it online for 3 euro but it was all sold out.

Brand new copies go for crazy money.
    I am kicking myself for not buying it off Live last Halloween. Was going for something around 5 euro. A bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The 2009 Ghostbusters wasn't bad. I think I'm the only one that has it on Steam before it got removed from the store xD

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Its back in the steam store again.

I was gonna pick it up off steam about a year ago until i realized it had been removed, so got if for the PS3 instead.. played to about the half way point and got kind of bored with it.. idk, maybe if the performance had been better i might have finished it. Pretty average game imo, but great fan service..
    i might pick it up off steam, might be a better game without the framerate issues, screen tearing and ****ty textures on PS3.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So it is! Probably worth the tenner tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,287 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I really enjoyed the PS3 game, good story on it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just checked my Steam account as well as GB the game I have GB: Sanctum of Slime?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I played the first level of this but never went back. I can't quite remember why, it couldn't have been that bad.

It was either the first or second level for me. IIRC some mechanic wasn't working and I quit in frustration. Huge fan of the movies (yes even the maligned 2) but I just can't tolerate issues like that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Sanctum of Slime is the top down version of the game, kind of a twin stick shooter. It's not bad, but there's not enough there to keep you interested through the full game, as least in single player Multiplayer might work better.

The actual full game is a lot of fun. I got it from the States as there was a publisher issue over here at the time of release. I really enjoyed the game, and I must dig it out again.

Advertisement