Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horticulture

Options
  • 26-02-2014 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has or is studying Horticulture at ITB? Would just like to get some opinions on the course and if you'd recommend it. I'm looking at doing it next year and hoping to have a career in landscaping. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Hi There,

I graduated this year, I was part of the first class to have started it. If you go next year you will have the new horticulture bloc that is being built and is a big advantage to what i had in first year (nothing). I would recommend the course, good lecturers and the new facilities will be great. My class of graduates have had different results in regards to jobs, i managed to get a job straight after college and only just this week have set up myself up a soletrader and im going to go out on my own. Any specific questions you have ill be happy to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Hi There,

I graduated this year, I was part of the first class to have started it. If you go next year you will have the new horticulture bloc that is being built and is a big advantage to what i had in first year (nothing). I would recommend the course, good lecturers and the new facilities will be great. My class of graduates have had different results in regards to jobs, i managed to get a job straight after college and only just this week have set up myself up a soletrader and im going to go out on my own. Any specific questions you have ill be happy to answer.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah the course sounds good anyway and the fact that there is a new Horticulture facility makes it even more attractive. What sort of timetable did you have? How many days/hours a week? Plenty of work aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

The amount of time off varies year by year. I remember having a lot of Fridays off though. Week is fairly full, had about 20/30 hours per week. The course is very doable if you apply yourself, lots of project work but it is enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Darcy14

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    The amount of time off varies year by year. I remember having a lot of Fridays off though. Week is fairly full, had about 20/30 hours per week. The course is very doable if you apply yourself, lots of project work but it is enjoyable.

Hi just wondering re how many students doing each fulltime horticulture course and age group of students. Also how much focus is on Market gardening.. Crops etc.

Advertisement