Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best website for free texting

Options
  • 26-02-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Which website would you recommend please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Most, if not all, networks offer free webtexts. I wouldn't recommend using a third party website as they are liable to scams, mass advertising to your advice, and loose data policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭harry999

48 does not have a texting service - so could somebody recommend a good website please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Who does not have viber, whatsapp or facebook messenger in 2014?

I sit beside a computer all day - so want to text from a website rather than having to go onto my phone - like I could do on o2.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

hfallada wrote: »
    Who does not have viber, whatsapp or facebook messenger in 2014?

True, but in fairness typing a web text is MUCH faster than typing on a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

EmptyTree wrote: »
    True, but in fairness typing a web text is MUCH faster than typing on a phone.

Connecting the phone to the pc and send and receive the texts on the computer using the phone, older nokias have this option. Could work with a free texts plan

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭itsduffy

try facebook or viber

True, but in fairness typing a web text is MUCH faster than typing on a phone. Yes this is why I want to use a website to text - anybody know of a good free one please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

harry999 wrote: »
    True, but in fairness typing a web text is MUCH faster than typing on a phone. Yes this is why I want to use a website to text - anybody know of a good free one please?
    Mobitexter.net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

But the end of the day you are going to have to read the text on your phone anyway. Unless you are writing a mini essay everytime you send a text. I imagine physically typing on your phone is just as quick

• Advertisement

Look up AirDroid in the Google Play Store. Boom.

http://www.mobitexter.net

Currently Supported only for IN, US, UK and IT.

So it will not work in Dublin - this would be ideal as could use from computer - anybody else know of a free texting website. Thanks

Anybody please know a good free website for testing on the computer? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Boards.ie ?

Anybody please know a good free website for phone texting on my computer? Thanks

As stated, you're going to have problems with getting such a service, as they are generally nonexistent.

If you really want to go down that road, you'll have to hook your phone up to a service like AirDroid (earlier link), or pay for a gateway (search it) but it won't be ideal. If you want to, why not use an app like Telegram (which has many desktop clients), or another chat service with a desktop service.

We've exhausted all the options, so take your pick from those above, as they're all that we can suggest and offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

harry999 wrote: »
    48 does not have a texting service -
    Switch to a provider that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

There is also MightyText which sync's texts from your phone to your browser/PC.

It allows you read texts on your phone from your browser & you can reply.
    When you send a text from your PC the text message is sent from your phone like any other normal text.

I think it's the perfect solution for what you need.

MightText really sounds perfect - only problem I have an iphone, will it just work with android ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I'm a fan of the viber desktop app . It's the easiest way to text off a PC .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Yeah sorry looks like it's Android only

iPhone? MySMS. Boom. Done.

http://www.mysms.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 soravk

I could like do on o2.ie

Advertisement