Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental areas to avoid in Limerick City?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi there, we are planning on moving back to Limerick City and I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of rental areas and apartment blocks to avoid in Limerick City.

I know about Mt. Kennett and The Steeples. Where else should I avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

What about Steamboat Quay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

If you see anyone walking around with their hand down their pants in public then draw a 1km exclusion zone around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

If you see anyone walking around with their hand down their pants in public then draw a 1km exclusion zone around that area.

Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: I think a better way for this thread to go would be for the OP to give an idea of what side of the city he/she would prefer to move to , and some idea of how much he/she would be willing to pay on rent.

That way he/she gets recommendations about properties/areas that might appeal to him/her, and we don't end up with a thread that simply slags off areas that other boardsies may live in or be from.

location is not too much of an issue as I am familiar with the city, really anywhere close to the city centre and close enough to a bus stop to Dooradoyle, or vice versa. My rent would be 670 max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=728832

this one is quite central, and the apartments are nice and modern. I'd friends - a family with a young child - that were happy there for a few years.

Rent currently 675, but you could haggle them down a fiver surely?

It looks nice, Could try hagglin a bit and see?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Umekichi wrote: »
    Hi there, we are planning on moving back to Limerick City and I was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of rental areas and apartment blocks to avoid in Limerick City.

I know about Mt. Kennett and The Steeples. Where else should I avoid?

Heard that Mount kennett was no go but thought that the steeples was nice place,is it rough enough.

Heard that Mount kennett was no go but thought that the steeples was nice place,is it rough enough.

My grandmother heard it from a woman who popped into her friends shop. Said there's a lot of drugs and drug use going on in there apparently. It's a shame though, close to town and my grandmother, would have been perfect.

Advertisement