Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do most courses require a science?

Options
  • 26-02-2014 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

I'm not deciding anything yet just mulling over it but do most courses require a science? I'm not interested med, anything along those lines or anything sciency but I don't really know what I want to do!
    I really don't like science but feel as if I have to keep 1 science (biology) up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Ahhhh just realised I should probably have put this in the LC forum! Any chance it could be moved?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Moved to LC forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

No, most courses do not require a science. If you had a change of mind it's worth noting that geography is considered a science in many universities now.

I kept up a science to keep my options open but I regret it a lot. I knew I didn't want to do anything science based in university but I didn't trust my gut which was telling me I wasn't really interested in science. Really regret it now as I've had two painful years of chemistry when I could have done an interesting subject like history instead! :(

If you definitely don't want to do science in college and aren't interested in science, then don't keep it up just because most people do at least one science subject. Make the decision for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

robman60 wrote: »
    No, most courses do not require a science. If you had a change of mind it's worth noting that geography is considered a science in many universities now.

I kept up a science to keep my options open but I regret it a lot. I knew I didn't want to do anything science based in university but I didn't trust my gut which was telling me I wasn't really interested in science. Really regret it now as I've had two painful years of chemistry when I could have done an interesting subject like history instead! :(

If you definitely don't want to do science in college and aren't interested in science, then don't keep it up just because most people do at least one science subject. Make the decision for yourself.

If I don't do one I'd actually do geography instead so that's handy! Yeah like I really cannot see myself going into anything sciency and it's better do something I'm good at and enjoy :) thank you!

Advertisement