Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study in the form of Past LC Papers

Options
  • 25-02-2014 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

I've wondered about the impact of practicing past paper questions as a form of studying; more often than not, the questions repeat or are very similar.

Doing so at this stage, with three months to go, it would be an interesting experiment - unless someone has some insight into the idea. It may be a no-brainer for some, but I've yet to come across someone who does this effectively.

For the likes of English, and some others, this system may not be efficient - would be for practice purposes only - or is it?

EDIT: I guess nobody has an opinion on this, surprising..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenAnn

Practicing past exam questions is definitely the best way to prepare yourself for the exam. However I think ideally you should know the material well before you test yourself on a particular topic. If you have to go back and forth to the book constantly there's less of a chance of what you're writing sticking in your head and you're less likely to be able to answer a question if it came up again phrased slightly differently.

So yeah exam papers are great but I wouldn't use them solely. There are always some questions that appear on the exam that have never come up before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Exam papers are the only way to study. BUT the syllabus is more important and actually the syllabus is often copied and pasted as exam question. You could have a chapter than is over 25 pages in Business but only a few pages are asked from it every year. The exam questions ensure you can actually write the question in the allocated time and make sure you revise smartly.

If you can confidently say I can ask every question on the past papers. You are ready for june

Advertisement