Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need advice on xbox purchase

Options
  • 25-02-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

not sure is this right place to post it but anyways iv always owned playstations never had a xbox i have the ps4 but i must say titanfall bundle tempting me to buy xbox one and have access to halo,gears of war and forza in the future ..but im wondering should i buy 360 first and experience gears of war, halo ,forza and maybe get titanfall on 360?and would 4gb xbox 360 do me if im only playin these games handfull of games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Is Titanfall not out on PS4 ?
    Buy it for PS4

Halo 1-3 aren't worth buying a console over.

Surely 1 or 2 of your friends have a 360, get a lend off them and complete Gears of War. Save yourself some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is Titanfall not out on PS4 ?
    Buy it for PS4

Halo 1-3 aren't worth buying a console over.

Surely 1 or 2 of your friends have a 360, get a lend off them and complete Gears of War. Save yourself some cash

It's x1 and PC exclusive.
    You should build a PC, imo.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

There it is. one of your mates is bound to have one and v likely he has at least 1 or two of them. Prob best to play 'em now before it's difficult to go back to "last" gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Titanfall is coming out on the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Titanfall is coming out on the PS4.

Nope, not any time soon.
    Sony are apparently showing a lot of interest and MS are trying to secure it as an exclusive.
    IF it gets released on PS4, it won't be for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Nope, not any time soon.
    Sony are apparently showing a lot of interest and MS are trying to secure it as an exclusive.

Enough time for him to have gotten a lend of a 360 and completed some of the games listed I'm sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Enough time for him to have gotten a lend of a 360 and completed some of the games listed I'm sure :D

Doubt it.
    I would imagine it'll be like Mass Effect and BioShock.
    They'll release it with it's sequel or something. Just a guess. But it's probable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

brady12 wrote: »
    not sure is this right place to post it but anyways iv always owned playstations never had a xbox i have the ps4 but i must say titanfall bundle tempting me to buy xbox one and have access to halo,gears of war and forza in the future ..but im wondering should i buy 360 first and experience gears of war, halo ,forza and maybe get titanfall on 360?and would 4gb xbox 360 do me if im only playin these games handfull of games?
    Check out the games on the 360, but I'd definitely say its well worth getting the 360 now, but not so much the One or PS4 where not many games are out. You'd get a lot of time from the 360, and the One/PS4 might drop an SKU with a 1 TB by the time you'd be ready for next gen. Though, with PS4 that'd be less necessary what with being able to put in your own one whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

and would 4gb xbox 360 do me if im only playin these games handfull of games?

Not really,as with ps4/xbox one there may be updates to the games and I think one of the halo games had to have a 4 gigs installation. But you can probably pick a second hand xbox up cheaply, if you can't get a lend from your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It all really depends on how important playing the newest release games is. I'm getting to the stage where I have a backlog of titles I just cant find the time to play as I'm too busy with Battlefield 4 and Titanfall in the next few weeks.

If you're not bothered, the xbox360 or ps3 are both great machines with a huge library of games to choose from, and realistically, the increased power of the new consoles has yet to show itself in any of the current titles available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Nope, not any time soon.

I thought it was coming out. What a bummer for PS4 owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I'd be inclined to hang on for a month or two yet if you're thinking of buying a last gen system, I reckon there'll be a price drop coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

i got a360 with ahlo 4 for about 120 on done deal before christmas, have played it eveyrday on xbox live, great value imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

Pick up a 360 if you can get it cheap and there no way on earth 4gig will be enough.
    Gears of war is one of my favourite games ever as is forza

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

thanks appreciate advice lads..all my friends have playstations not one has xbox..4gb is ruled out so..be bit of a balls id have no one play online games with..next question what 360 microsoft exclusives do i need to experience? halo,gears of war and forza?..and to be honest i bought fifa nba madden for ps4 and all iv really played was fifa for awhile and then outlast,,only game iv played a bit is battlefield online..ending up goin back to ps3 to play mostly..

thanks appreciate advice lads..all my friends have playstations not one has xbox..4gb is ruled out so..be bit of a balls id have no one play online games with..next question what 360 microsoft exclusives do i need to experience? halo,gears of war and forza?..and to be honest i bought fifa nba madden for ps4 and all iv really played was fifa for awhile and then outlast,,only game iv played a bit is battlefield online..ending up goin back to ps3 to play mostly..
    If you don't have a PC and are looking for a good FPS, I'd suggest Metro 2033 ahead of the Gears of War games or Halo, honestly. Gears of War is really a game, in terms of campaign to be played co-op. Way better that way than solo, though its still fun solo, obviously.

If you like RPGs, check out The Witcher 2.

If you like JRPGs check out Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia.

If you want horror, but don't mind a game being kinda outdated, check out Condemned and Condemned 2.

If you still have your PS3 or a good PC get Deadly Premonition on one of those, the directors cut came out on them. Failing that get the version that was released on 360.

Alan Wake is good but it isn't really horror.

Hm.. Nothing else springs to mind right now honestly.

@Pushtrak No way are metro 2033 any way near as good as the gears of war games, GoW is one of the great games ever.

macker33 wrote: »
    @Pushtrak No way are metro 2033 any way near as good as the gears of war games, GoW is one of the great games ever.
    In terms of the campaigns, I had a hell of a lot more fun with Metro 2033 than anything Gears did.

Gears dealt fun in spades though, you were always in it with gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

GoW is one of the great games ever.

Not a bloody chance! Wouldn't make a top 250

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    Not a bloody chance! Wouldn't make a top 250

Well its better than god of war or uncharted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Gears trilogy was epic, the fact that it took itself so seriously only added to it's charm, anyone who didn't have fun in horde mode must be dead inside.

Well its better than god of war or uncharted
    God of war yes, uncharted, no.

Advertisement