Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith Halls of Residence??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MU96

Can anyone give good tips on the best places to live in Dublin student accommodation? I'm going up on my own so want to live in a place with students to get to know people.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭unattendedbag

MU96 wrote: »
    Can anyone give good tips on the best places to live in Dublin student accommodation? I'm going up on my own so want to live in a place with students to get to know people.

Cheers

On campus or student residences close to the college. Really depends on what college ur going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

As early as possible. No harm in talking to them now. I don't know if they charge an application fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FrannyMac

I was in Griffith Halls a couple of years ago, was good craic 2get 2 know people. Lots of foreign students but you can request to share with Irish so I did that. A few of my friends didn't apply in time to get a room my year so I had to share with strangers but got on great with them.
    They've a few rules on friends (not allowed to stay over and stuff) so double check that before you apply! I had a few friends over and they called me in for a meeting, got fined €100 but they were sound about giving it back to me at the end of the year cos I didn't do anything else during the year. Internet was a bit sketchy at times but I've heard they've Wi Fi now so I'd say that's much better.
    I'd say double check with them about what rooms are left just to make sure cos its really hard to find good accommodation in Dublin at the moment! Running around on Daft is a pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mccannalain

I'd agree with FrannyMac, if you know and follow the rules in any student accommodation you'll have a great time. They're usually not too strict on some of the smaller rules if you're not bothering any neighbours or anything like that. I was in Griffith and didn't have any issues, still live with the guys I met there so I met some of my best friends there. We were happy sharing rooms so I applied in June and it was fine but accommodation is a bit scarce at the mo so definitely ask them when they expect to fill up, I'm sure they'll give you a rough date to aim for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 FrannyMac

Yeah, in fairness we were pretty loud the night we got caught :) Had a bit too much craic with my housemates but that's what the residences are for. You won't get that much slack from neighbours in other spots, my neighbours are constantly at us to be quiet and threatening the guards :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mccannalain

Hate that! Gotta move away from boring neighbours!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement