Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 1020 availability?

Options
  • 25-02-2014 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

I am currently on 3, with an iphone4s and due an upgrade. I'm very keen on the Lumia 1020, because of the camera.

3 say they carry it but none of the shops I rang have one in stock.

Does anyone know where I can get one? I can switch networks in a month or two and wouldn't be adverse to doing that, although I have been happy enough with 3.

Thanks for any pointers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

I talked to them about that and the problem is they can't guarantee availability. They said something like if the stock level is below 10, they won't accept orders as they can't guarantee delivery and the stock level is below 10 at the moment.

They also say they don't know if they are getting more in, as it is more of a niche phone in comparison to iPhones, samsung, h&c etc....

Sounds crazy, but all I can do, it seems, is to keep ringing around the shops to see if they get some in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I got one from Amazon sim free. Be prepared to pay more for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Success! Got one on Friday evening.

I called over to Dundrum shopping centre to see if the Vodafone shop had one (no one answering the phone in any of their branches all day), and stopped into the 3 store first.

I had already checked there and they said they had none, but when I asked a sales girl there she said she thought she had seen one in the stockroom, even though their stock levels said they had none.

Sure enough, she found one, which I snapped up. So I didn't have to change network in the end.

Very happy with it so far. I have one or two questions about it so I'll start a new thread...

Advertisement