Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to Tait House by bus?

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi have an appointment there tommorrow. Don't know it at all though. Have been told it's near the Maldron? Is there any buses from the City Centre or Dooradoyle that would take me close?
    Thanks
    I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You could get the 301 from Dooradoyle and get off outside Aldi/Maldron on Childers Rd, would only be a few minutes walk from there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Your best bet is to take 2 buses as the 301 will only take you as far as Hyde Road.

Take the 304 from Dooradoyle to town (William St) where you can board the 303 which will take you to Southill.
    Alight the bus at Lilac Court by Lilac Stores/STA furniture/Olympic arms pub and walk up the main road on the hill! Southill house is on the right by the top

Tait House is more commonly known as Southill House so it might be wise to use both names if you're looking for it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭running the roads

thanks and is there a stop near?

thanks and is there a stop near?

Yeah the stop is just at the entrance into O'Malley Park (STA furniture shop). Ask the driver on the 303. They'll let you know :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Your best bet is to take 2 buses as the 301 will only take you as far as Hyde Road.

Take the 304 from Dooradoyle to town (William St) where you can board the 303 which will take you to Southill.
    Alight the bus at Lilac Court by Lilac Stores/STA furniture/Olympic arms pub and walk up the main road on the hill! Southill house is on the right by the top

Tait House is more commonly known as Southill House so it might be wise to use both names if you're looking for it!

You're right- don't know why I thought 301 went the whole way down Childers Rd :D

• Advertisement

You're right- don't know why I thought 301 went the whole way down Childers Rd :D

I wish it did! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Totally defunct point at this stage but are Tait House and Tait Business Centre not one and the same building??? If they are, I hope OP got decent directions in time for their appointment as that's up around the dole office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭running the roads

Hi I got a taxi. It was what I was most comfortable with, just E7.50 from the railway. Not sure if I'd have found my way , even if I didn't have far to go. No not the same as Tait Business centre, which I originally thought. It's in Southill.
    Thanks though to all.
    I

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Alltherage

It's the building that was formerly South hill house.

Advertisement