Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in Ice Hockey in Clare??

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Or inline i suppose you would have to call it considering the lack of an ice rink in the county.
    There are a few clubs scattered about the country alright i think, def a few in dublin and even a national league.

Seems to be mostly inline hockey played now though with the closure of some rinks up in dublin and dundalk. I have not done a whole lot of research into it as yet but i thought i would throw it out there and see if anyone would be interested in maybe setting up a new club/playing?

it's a great sport and id imagine the irish ice hockey association wouldnt mind accepting a new club into the fold.. in due time, when people learn how to skate firstly :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭caew

As far as I am aware the Irish Ice Hockey league is no more. The Belfast Giants play in Dundalk sometimes, I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 smiley1237

oh right, i didnt know that. i thought it was still up and running.
    I thought dundalk was closed?

cheers anyway buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭PMC83

Dundalk is well closed bud, theres talk of it reopening, but theres been talk of it for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I think there is an inline team in Clare already. You can look at www.inlinehockeyireland.org for more info- there's contact info for all the clubs if you look around the page a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭caew

I didn't realise Dundalk was closed :o thanks for the update :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 smiley1237

cheers wisco

found clare waves on facebook. thats great so :)

Advertisement