Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone PAYG - 1GB Data Bundle Free for 3 Months

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:16pm
    Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Vodafone are currently running a switching offer that seems to work too for existing Vodafone PAYG customers. (Free data but not free texts.)

Simply text SWITCH to 50308 before 5th March and in a few days you should get a text back that a 1GB promotional data bundle has been applied and will be again on the following 2 months. If you don't receive a text back after 2-3 days, text BAL to 50233 to check if the promotional data bundle has been applied yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭lau1247

it is only beneficial for existing VF customer mostly.. other network have much better deals.. tesco prepay would be one for example..

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Exactly - which is why I posted about this offer working for existing Vodafone PAYG customers.

i understand what you mean and the intention of the post.

it will work out cheaper to switch to other network.. even for existing VF customer.. now that's a bargain alert :D anyway

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Maybe, maybe not. For better or worse, Vodafone are the biggest network with the most customers and for all those Vodafone PAYG customers who are not willing or interested in switching providers, taking advantage of this freebie is a no-brainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Does it affect any existing bundle that you may have? Free calls/texts, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭pah

WOW 1GB :rolleyes:

do they still offer plans with 250mb data :o

a decent alert if you're loyal to Vodafone or have no other choice but really they are sh1t in terms of value and price. certainly no good for a heavy smartphone user (and I've even lost weight recently)

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Thanks for the alert OP. Yes just spoke to Vodafone - completely free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Robbieol

Got a text back from Vodafone saying my free internet was applied but I don't have internet? Happening for anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

There always gonna be some catch at the end of the three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Robbieol

There always gonna be some catch at the end of the three months.
    Knew it was too good to be true, especially from Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

I rang Vodafone and they said it is only for new customers. The terms online also say this. Did any existing customers get this for free?

georgem25 wrote: »
    I rang Vodafone and they said it is only for new customers. The terms online also say this. Did any existing customers get this for free?
    Im an existing customer and i got it

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Tango One

Yeah I got it too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kildare2005

I got it:-) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

lau1247 wrote: »
    i understand what you mean and the intention of the post.

it will work out cheaper to switch to other network.. even for existing VF customer.. now that's a bargain alert :D anyway

?

Are you for real dude....

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Thanks op, for many of us were stuck with voda, no o2, meteor, etc signal, so all the bull about switching doesn't hold water.

There will always be some plonker moaning (Lau1247) who doesn't know their ass from their elbow

Thanks for your bargain alert - much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sonandheir

Thanks op. I'm an existing Vodafone user, have tried all the other networks and Vodafone is by far the quickest and most reliable network so I guess that's why they have us over the proverbial barrel with regards to data

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Thanks op couldn't come at a better no credit but free internet thanks again oh and I am Vodafone customer was going to change over to a different provider this. Week Any suggestion for calls and imternet

I got it too. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

Got it too. Moved my Lyca to Voda last Dec with free 250mb data for 3mos. Used an app for texting and viber for calls. Now 1Gb of data for 3mos. Thanks OP and BA

• Advertisement

?

Are you for real dude....

Yeah I'm for real, get over it and I stand by what I said
    Thanks op, for many of us were stuck with voda, no o2, meteor, etc signal, so all the bull about switching doesn't hold water.

There will always be some plonker moaning (Lau1247) who doesn't know their ass from their elbow

Thanks for your bargain alert - much appreciated

First point, I know my "ass from from elbow" as you put it thank you very much. Just because you are stuck in the middle nowhere and having to rely on VF for signal, then that is your problem!!! All I'm saying from my posts (for the general public) is that for those who are on VF, there are better options out there. I do not appreciate you starting a personal attack on me. Whether you cannot avail of it due to signal or choose not to avail of it, then again that is entirely up to those people. If you bother read my previous post in this particular thread, you will see the tone of my post was not moaning but actually trying to help people realise that there are options out there.

Second point, I already said I understand the intention of the OP in relation to those who are on the network already

Third point, And I cannot stress this enough, get off your high horse internet keyboard warrior, god know we have plenty of those already!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I got it too. Thanks OP

I got a text this morning to tell me that I got the second months GB of data but it wasnt applied to my account and I have been charged today. The online customer service knew nothing about it and told me to call into a Vodafone store to show them the text

• Registered Users Posts: 23 pmulv

Got text back "Sorry this offer is now closed"....booo

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭IsaBrown

I got a text this morning to tell me that I got the second months GB of data but it wasnt applied to my account and I have been charged today. The online customer service knew nothing about it and told me to call into a Vodafone store to show them the text

Got same txt about second month but cannot send text and no data either. Phoned customer service, they said they'd escalate problem and ring me back.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

There always gonna be some catch

Are you a bloody soothsayer???? You must be!
    I got a text this morning to tell me that I got the second months GB of data but it wasnt applied to my account and I have been charged today.

Same here.

Vodafone. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I got the text the first day, but data never worked at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

This happened me too but when I rang customer services they applied the data straight away and gave me the credit I'd been charged back also.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

This offer is now expired.

• Advertisement

My 1gb has not being given me for this month ,any one else not get it??

Got a text on Monday to say that it's being applied but when I text bal to 50233, there is nothing about it.its now charging me for the data usage.

Advertisement