Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counselling Services, Limerick

Options
  • 25-02-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Is there any free counselling services in Limerick (besides the HSE) ?
    If not, can anyone recommed a counseller and a rough cost per session please?
    Even by PM would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    Is there any free counselling services in Limerick (besides the HSE) ?
    If not, can anyone recommed a counseller and a rough cost per session please?
    Even by PM would be greatly appreciated.
    You could talk to the Samaritans, have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057151093

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AaronJack

Hey Toodles_27 if you have VHI health insurance or any of your family have it then you have access to free counseling its called EAP or Employee Assistance Programme as its known, if you dont have access to VHI then the Samaritans could help or Pieta house or even a group called Concern hold meetings on a Wednesday night i think near ST Michaels church on Denmark Street, depending on what kind of counselling is needed im sure there is somwhere or someone thant can help with what your looking for, i have used the VHI programme and found it good, if you need info on anything else or even just want to talk to someone give me a shout on this all confidential of course, hope i was some help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭black & white

jbkenn wrote: »
    You could talk to the Samaritans, have a look at this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057151093

Just be aware that Samaritans are not counsellors, they cannot give advice. They will listen to you and explore your feelings and are always there when you are in distress or despair.

I know someone who used Oakwood Counselling services out near UL and said they were good. I think it was 40 Euro a session, each session was 40/45 mins.

Hope you get sorted whichever way you decide.

Advertisement