Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan: electricity and gas meter doors missing

Options
  • 25-02-2014 1:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I noticed driving through moylaragh and chieftains way that there are many electricity and gas meter doors missing.

Anyone know why this is?

some have holes smashed in them

I was reading the other thread about the pest control for seagulls and also saw that the company providing them provides doors to repair the meters. an uncovered meter allows access for insects and rodents into a house.

http://www.owlpestcontrol.ie/services/structural-repairs

I believe that your service provider provides one door free of charge before you have to pay for another. I seem to remember getting one when i first moved into my place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭emmetfahy

Unfortunately the houses, in Chieftains Way at least, are designed that the doors of these gas/electricity meters face directly onto the road or are easily accessible from the road.

Low lifes/drunks/kids are prone to attacking them for no reason. A lot of houses are rented and some tenants/landlords just don't care apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kumsheen

While passing Holywell in Swords on the bus i noticed a load of them missing from there too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

As far as I know, all of these meters are supposed to have doors fitted to meet regulations.

Its a shame really - its only 20 odd euro for a replacement as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Morpheus wrote: »
    As far as I know, all of these meters are supposed to have doors fitted to meet regulations.

Its a shame really - its only 20 odd euro for a replacement as it is.

Our's got blown off in the storm 2 weeks ago, they are closer to 30€ to replace

Advertisement