Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value for trade ins?

Options
  • 25-02-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Who gives the best value for trade ins? Is CEX good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

CEX offer the best trade in prices, but consequently they charge high prices for second hand games. I usually trade for cash in CEX then go to gamestop/adverts to spend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Usually CEX unless its a recent release and Gamestop have an offer on.

Handy thing with CEX is you can check their site for prices beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, CEX have been the best for me lately. Generally offer more in cash than you would get offered in store credit by Gamestop. Check prices here

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thanks all.

As an aside, I notice they offer more if you take instore credit? Wouldn't that negate the idea of taking cash and then going off to hunt down the best price for a 2nd hand game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Their second hand prices tend to be higher than other places. Often works out better taking the cash and spending it elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Possibly which is fine if you're after second hand games but CEX doesn't stock any new releases so you have to either hope someone has already traded in what you want or wait for it to come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah looking to get rid of my xbox collection and in turn get some older PS3 releases like the ME trilogy, beyond two souls etc.

Advertisement