Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music, films etc

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

OK O & O's think back to when you were a wild late teen (16 to 19 say)

Do you remember what music or films you were really daft about? Do you still like them?

If not, what changed? You or your perception of them over time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I had the amazing luck of being a teen in the 60's. I was never a mad music fan, but I still love the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkle, Bob Dylan, Herman's Hermits, Peter and Gordon, the whole lot of them. For some reason - because its not the best of them - Manfred Mann's Pretty Flamingo is the most evocative, presumably more because of association than the actual song. I can't remember what that association might have been though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I can't say that my music or film tastes ever changed since my early years. Broadened perhaps but I still love the film and music of my youth.
    Not that the music and films were necessarily of my time, I've always been fond of older stuff again.

I refuse to start listing them by name as that list would be monumental in length.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I never said about me LOL sorry.

I still like the same films, although perhaps not quite as much. Always liked the Maltese Falcon and things of that ilk.

As for music, I think I have always liked something from every possible genre, from rock and roll to heavy metal to country and western to classical, just about everything really. But there were always a few things I never liked from every genre too.

I am cosmopolitan me. ( Did I just say I was an ice cream ? :D:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I still like the majority of the music of my teens, Beatles, Cliff Richard, Hollies, etc. However, I also liked the Monkees.....what on earth was I thinking?! When I listened to the Monkees many years later I realised there were a lot of duff notes. :o From America I also liked Elvis, Ricky Nelson, Fabian. Yes, all the pretty boys! :o

I confess I had to check online for my favourite films 'cos my mind went blank. I still love these masterpieces:

Lawrence of Arabia
    Midnight Cowboy
    The Graduate
    Dr Zhivago
    Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid

Add to the list all the musicals I sang along with and comedies that kept me laughing.

The films that now shock me that I ever liked are the 'Carry On' films. Used to enjoy them. Now when I see them I just see a bunch of dirty old men and women, and it took my teenage daughter to point that out! :o But it was another time I suppose and we didn't know any better then.

P.S. We may have visited this before in another thread but I'm too lazy to check.

Advertisement