Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Mixing Question

Options
  • 24-02-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Can someone please tell me if i am understanding this correctly

If i have 250ml of 72mg nicotine base and i add 250ml pg/vg this gives me 500ml at 36mg.

A if i further cut it again 500ml @36mg added to 500ml pg/vg i then have a liter of liquid @ 18mg is this correct ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

masonchat wrote: »
    Hi

If i have 250ml of 72mg nicotine base and i add 250ml pg/vg this gives me 500ml at 36mg.

A if i further cut it again 500ml @36mg added to 500ml pg/vg i then have a liter of liquid @ 18mg is this correct ?

Your best bet is to use the mixing calculator on the leisure liquids site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You do, but remember that the amount of concentrate used per recipe is different.

We've all thought we could do some easy bodging-together at some point in our DIY journey but you'll never forgive yourself if you waste ingredients because a concentrate should've been 2% instead of 10%, or 30% instead of 20%.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I am just trying to work out how much juice the bottle would make so i can compare value compared to other bottles at different strenghts

Thanks guys

The 100mg stuff at e-cigshop.eu is the cheapest in Ireland per ml made unless you're buying vast quantities from bargainvapour if it shortens your journey.

Or at least it was a month ago.

• Advertisement

They have a minimum order of 5 bottles though : - ( this is what im looking at http://www.cig-eliquid.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=649230&prodid=10531412

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

masonchat wrote: »
    Hi

Yes, that's right. Then you add the flavour at whatever % and calculate that in, to get the final flavoured juice strength. If your thinking of making a base to add flavors to remember that some flavors are added in drops, i.e. 2 to 3 % and some are added at 10 or even 20%. "0% will reduce the final mix by a fifth so your 18 is down to 14.something.

BTW don't make a litre of stuff, ever! Do 5 or 10ml first, see if it nice and then risk maybe 50ml. A litre could get fair dull if it's all you have.

That looks a good deal alright. Make sure you take postage into account but it's very cheap.

tommy2bad wrote: »
    Yes, that's right. Then you add the flavour at whatever % and calculate that in, to get the final flavoured juice strength. If your thinking of making a base to add flavors to remember that some flavors are added in drops, i.e. 2 to 3 % and some are added at 10 or even 20%. "0% will reduce the final mix by a fifth so your 18 is down to 14.something.

BTW don't make a litre of stuff, ever! Do 5 or 10ml first, see if it nice and then risk maybe 50ml. A litre could get fair dull if it's all you have.

LOL thanks tommy the only thing i drink by the liter is vodka.

e cig shop now will let me add 1 bottle to basket it was saying minimum of 5 bottles earlier , 25 euro for 100ml 100mg would work out the same value and local thanks grindle

so 2 bottles from ecig roughly equal a liter @ 20mg for 50euro happy days

• Advertisement

JUST trying to work out what to buy

I can get 1000ml pg for 20euro and 1000mlpg for 20 euro or buy 100ml bottles for 3euro each , i.e lose 10euro per liter.

Should i get a liter of each and keep in freezer ? or is this way too much to buy in one go ?? please advise and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

No point bulk buying PG or VG as they will be available for, well for ever, their used as cake stuff and for home cough remedies.
    Nic base on the other hand is gone in 2016 as the tpd will only allow less than 20mg nic and only available in 10ml volumes.
    While this isn't set in stone yet (I have all fingers crossed that the coals can be pulled from the fire) It is indicative of the kind of restriction coming down the line.
    If you do decide to bulk buy, nic has a shelf life of 2 years which can be extended by storing in a deep freezer. Pg won't freeze, it'll just get less runny, but the temp will stabilize the nic. Store in glass for best results, plastics can leach chemicals into the liquid over time.
    Given the 2 year lead in to the regs becoming law, theirs plenty time to build a stock pile. Unless our gov gets buzzy and implements the regs before the deadline. Which would surprise me as governments tend to be the ultimate procrastinates.

thanks tommy yeah i guess the saving on bulk buying pg/vg hardly worth it would save 20 euro on the 2liters , the shipping is a pain though starting to mount up getting stuff from A because X is cheaper and getting stuff from B because y is cheaper .

Id say im nearly set for a year now anyway when all my orders land .

I was wondering alright weather glass bottles of nicotine would shatter in freezer ?

Thanks for the info tommy

Advertisement