Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia X family

Options
  • 24-02-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Your thoughts on it and will you buy?

screenshot-2014-02-24-at-09-16-43.png?w=520&h=297

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Not going back into the thread on the Android forum jimmy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Nolimits wrote: »
    Not going back into the thread on the Android forum jimmy?

Not reading the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Not reading the question?

The fact your hiding this thread in mobiles instead of the android forums makes me think you know the answer to the question ;)

Venom wrote: »
    The fact your hiding this thread in mobiles instead of the android forums makes me think you know the answer to the question ;)
    The fact it's not full Android and forked again shows you have not read the question lol.

The fact it's not full Android and forked again shows you have not read the question lol.

Erm it is full Android, just like the Amazon Kindle fork is full Android. The fact that it's forked is completely irrelevant.

• Advertisement

Nolimits wrote: »
    Erm it is full Android, just like the Amazon Kindle fork is full Android. The fact that it's forked is completely irrelevant.

Again another one that can't read the OP..
    IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER a mod can move it..

Again another one that can't read the OP..

Nope, I was the first guy that didn't read the OP :)

There'd be no point in the mods moving it, there is already a perfectly good thread on it in the Android forum, as you well know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I probably won't buy it, if only because I want to see it in action a bit more.

They seem like smooth phones, specs could be a bit better, and they need to really clear up how much of an Android phone it is. Are they doing what BlackBerry attempted with the Z10, or is it going to be more Android and less Windows style.

How customisable is it? Restrictive as hell like Lumias or can launchers be put on, eg Nova Launcher.

Not a bad first Android phone, but not great either. And yes, it's an Android phone, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 moc63

Nokia should have released models like this last year.
    You have nearly the best of both worlds.I think its an excellent move by nokia.
    Would I buy one now.No.
    But if they brought out a much higher hardware spec model ie on the lines of the 1020 or 925 then I would be very tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Is this not more of a "bridging" smartphone, like an advanced Asha, meant for emerging markets? I cant see an appetite in western European markets for an android-but-not-really-android-sorta phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,401 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I cant see an appetite in western European markets for an android-but-not-really-android-sorta phone.
    It is 100% Android. Amazon have shown with the Kindle that AOSP devices can be successful.

Advertisement