Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other Musicians Wanted - Dublin 8- Desert Rock, Psyche, Kraut and the kitchen sink

Options
  • 24-02-2014 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello, is this thing on? :)

I'm looking for other musicians to start up a new project after many years of not performing live and just doing my own thing with bedroom recording. I'm thinking something along the lines of Desert rock meets Psyche meets Krautrock, Goth, Shoegaze, Electronica and whatever happens happens kinda thing! No rules in other words....

I'm based in Dublin 8 and am in my mid 30's (male) so I suppose I'm looking for people aged 25 and up, give or take. Male or female. I've been playing guitar for over 20 years and mess around with synths a bit too so probably need drums, bass & another guitarist anyway but who knows what else might fit. Not going to worry about vox for now.

Bands I like: Kyuss, Slowdive, Sisters of Mercy, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Biosphere, Colour Haze, Orbital, Mogwai, The Black Angels, Midlake, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Solstafir, Primordial, God Is An Astronaut, Burial, Tangerine Dream, NEU!, Fields Of The Nephilim.......

Here's one (and I say one as I write stuff using a lot of different styles) example of the kind of stuff I've been working on. Dont worry about the band name on the bandcamp page as we wont be using that.

http://mythicshot.bandcamp.com/album/the-grand-lodge

Anyway I've turned this into a mini novel as usual so send me a msg if you're interested. Thanks! :)

Comments

Advertisement