Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetal Eye Developement?

Options
  • 24-02-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Was just curious as to when roughly in pregnancy will a baby's eyes have moved to their final position?
    Had a 3D scan, which was magical, but I did think that her eyes seemed rather far apart at 20 weeks (but then that might just be unborn babies, I wouldn't know :p )
    Are they likely to move in closer, or are they where they should be? Or do they just look far apart because she isn't finished filling out yet?
    Don't get me wrong by the way, I'm not being vain on her behalf, just curious :p

[IMG][/img]1798429_10152018807112998_2089158124_n.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Did you ask the person performing the scan any of these questions??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Did you ask the person performing the scan any of these questions??

It was a private scan and she couldn't offer medical advise and I had my partner's parents with me so I didn't want to startle them. If she has wide-set eyes, she has wide-set eyes, I'm not worried about how she will look. Was more just curious to find out if this was a defining feature she would possess or if it was just a case of being mid-development. All the sonographer said was that she definitely had her dad's nose, mother's mouth and really long legs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Was just curious as to when roughly in pregnancy will a baby's eyes have moved to their final position?
    Had a 3D scan, which was magical, but I did think that her eyes seemed rather far apart at 20 weeks (but then that might just be unborn babies, I wouldn't know :p )
    Are they likely to move in closer, or are they where they should be? Or do they just look far apart because she isn't finished filling out yet?
    Don't get me wrong by the way, I'm not being vain on her behalf, just curious :p

[IMG][/img]1798429_10152018807112998_2089158124_n.jpg

I honestly wouldn't worry about ! I have yet to see a 3d scan where the babs didn't look like an alien!!! Lol Your babs will be perfect when she comes out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I think it's just because they're all squashed up in there that they look like that. Similar pics online if you give a quick google.

20weeks1.jpg

4D20Weeks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

You know, it never even occured to me to Google it. My partner has slightly wide set eyes, but they're huge and brown so you don't notice it. We all think she will look very like him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Hey Shashabear I was reading this and it reminded me of your post about the eyes. Apparently the eyes start off kind of at the sides of the
    head and move into towards the middle during development. There might be more info on the timing of their final position too.

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc

Advertisement