Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jiayu G4 Faulty Camera

Options
  • 24-02-2014 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Has anyone else experienced a dark dot appearing on the back camera of any smart phone? I searched the internet, and the only things I could find were of dust trapped underneath the lens of some Samsung phones. I took my phone into a Chinese phone shop on Moore street and they said that there is nothing trapped beneath the lens. They came to the conclusion that it's a dead pixel or over exposure somehow of the camera lens or is just faulty. I can order a replacement camera for €28 including express shipping, but it's just annoying to have such a fault especially since I've only had this phone since before Christmas. :cool:

Pics related btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're probably right. Everybody has lemons that get through quality control. Downside to the savings of ordering the likes of a Jiayu is that warranty claims arent worth it or possible. The replacement component isnt expensive, I'd just be happy it wasnt the screen or mainboard that failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grrutten

i'm experiencing the same dots and also dirt in the lens.

Can you tell me where you got the replacement camera and whether it is diffucult to replace to old one (remove old and place new)?

Just don't wanna spend €28 and then f*ck up my phone... :)

Advertisement