Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

placing my own cache!

• 24-02-2014 3:52am

Hey, I found out there is only one cache in my home town, and none within about ten miles of that. I have a perfect place to put a cache. I have read all the guidelines, however looking for some help on how to set co-ords.

I don't have a GPS system, I use my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy S2. It's very accurate when geocaching. Any way of finding exact co-ords on this phone?

Other tips for cache creation much welcomed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Hey, I found out there is only one cache in my home town, and none within about ten miles of that. I have a perfect place to put a cache. I have read all the guidelines, however looking for some help on how to set co-ords.

I don't have a GPS system, I use my phone. It's a Samsung Galaxy S2. It's very a occur ate when geocaching. Any way of
    finding exact co-ords on this phone?

Other tips for cache creation much welcomed.

Are you using a Geocach app?
    CGeo app has a compass which will display your coordinates.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Boden08

C:geo is a useful free app for android phones, but we also use another freebie GPS Essentials to mark waypoints such as this accurately...

Cache placed :D

Not live yet obviously.

c:Geo was handy for locating the co ords but was not entirely accurate, took three visits to the site to get a decent average.

Thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Cache placed :D

Not live yet obviously.

c:Geo was handy for locating the co ords but was not entirely accurate, took three visits to the site to get a decent average.

Thanks all.

How many have been to your cache?

8 I believe. It is a a far flung part of the country. No DNFs anyway.

• Advertisement

Thought I'd bump this! It's 3 years today since I placed my own cache. Given it's location 15 finds is great for it! It had to be replaced twice, and according to the most recent find, needs fixing.

My father helped me place that cache, after I explained to him what geocaching was! He said he'd love to do it too, if he wasn't dying from cancer. Well he did one of those things. This cache is special to me for that reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thought I'd bump this! It's 3 years today since I placed my own cache. Given it's location 15 finds is great for it! It had to be replaced twice, and according to the most recent find, needs fixing.

My father helped me place that cache, after I explained to him what geocaching was! He said he'd love to do it too, if he wasn't dying from cancer. Well he did one of those things. This cache is special to me for that reason!

Congrats on 3 years as a CO! Can I ask what the GC code is?

kingtut wrote: »
    Congrats on 3 years as a CO! Can I ask what the GC code is?

I'm currently working between my phone and mother's laptop, but my username is the same on the geocaching website if it helps! I'm a wizard on my own precious Macbook but I can't sent the co-ords on this.

52.6344*N
    6.6712*W

That is 3 metres off where the cache is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ccardoso33

We just started coaching again ( I used to in England but stopped for a few years) and have placed two caches near us. Amazed at how quick the FTF are!

ccardoso33 wrote: »
    We just started coaching again ( I used to in England but stopped for a few years) and have placed two caches near us. Amazed at how quick the FTF are!

I believe people have alerts set up for new caches in their area, when I lived in north Dublin I remember seeing a new cache in a day or two of it being placed, and from reading the log it had been found within an hour of going live on the site! It also seemed two locals had raced each other there for it and got there within minutes of each other!

• Advertisement
Advertisement