Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new son

Options
  • 24-02-2014 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi my wife and i have just welcomed a new arrival into our family, our first child.
    So ive started up an email for him and sending him weekly photos and to give him the password when he turns 18, well thats the idea anyways, have anybody got any other ideas??? He was born on the 11 feb and i missed the news paper, is there a link to old irish news papers so i can get the headlines???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

Congrats!
    You could try your local library for the paper.....or contact the paper directly.
    Also,might be nice to take screenshots of Facebook or text messages and print or email them for him.
    Find out the number one from that week....try not to be too gutted of it's something dire :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Sounds like a really nice idea. Giving me some ideas for when my first arrives in September :)

As far as I am aware, If you get in touch with the newspaper office of your choice, they'll sell you a back issue from the day.
    Wehn I was working as a courier, it was something I regularly had to collect and deliver from the Herald (i think?) office off
    Talbot St.

I think if you register with the Irish Times, you can get access to back issues digitally as well. Just depends if you're happy with digital copy or would like a "paper" paper.

Was never certain if they were printed on demand, or they just kept a stock of old papers somewhere out the back...

Advertisement