Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best & Worst WWE Video Games of All-Time

Options
  • 23-02-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Sorry, if this thread has already been posted in the past (newbie here).

My List

Best:

- Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain
    - Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth
    - Smackdown 2: Know Your Role
    - Smackdown vs. Raw 2006
    - Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

Worst:

- Smackdown vs. Raw (original)
    - Smackdown vs. Raw 2008

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

WCW/NWO Revenge for the N64, great game

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Smackdown 2: Know Your Role and Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain are the ones that I remember being great.

Was HCTP the one with the backstage first-person view career mode? That was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Here Comes the Pain, No Mercy and Shut Your Mouth were my favourites

Worst would probably be things like In Your House when they were more fighting then wrestling games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

No Mercy

Any of the games on N64 - No Mercy, Revenge, Wrestlemania 2000 etc

I was never a big fan of the Smackdown games but would go with Shut your mouth if I had to choose one.

Hated the acclaim games - Warzone and Attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Loved playing "in your house" as a kid. Was amazed when I played Warzone,really cool game. Attitude was also really cool. I think back then as a kid,like most people I wasn't critiquing graphics,gameplay and roster etc,it was just brilliant to play a wrestling game with all the guys from tv.
    The original smackdown games on ps1 came out at the height of the attitude era and went over really well, I'd say everyone who owned a playstation had one of those,and I have great memories playing them.
    I remember "just bring it" on ps2 was really hammered because the roster and logos etc was really out of date when it came out. Shut your mouth was really cool I think,the menus in the game were great looking,and haven't been matched since I think. Here comes the pain seems to be a lot of people's favorite and I actually loved it as well. As a matter of co-incidence it came out at the height of my video game craze.
    Really enjoyed smackdown vs raw and 2006/2007 too.
    Took a break from games once I went to college. Didn't have the money nor the interest in the series from 2008 onwards. I think they became quite repetitive in any event. When I got a ps3, wwe 12 came out soon after,and given how it was a re invention of sorts,I got it and have been getting them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

WCW/nWo Revenge and WrestleMania 2000 on N64 are joint best.

WCW Thunder is the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I spent hours on the Sega Megadrive with WWF Super Wrestlemania! Then on PlayStation with Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. Loved them

Favourite though? HCTP, absolutely no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I have all games on the second gen consoles, was great they released different games on different platforms.

Ps2 had all the snack downs, xbox had raw and wrestlemania 21 but by far the most fun I had was on GameCube with wrestlemania 18 and the days of reckoning games. Esp dor 2....was just a great fun game.

Bought wwe2k14 and think it's very meh. I miss the story mode. Got a ps2 last month just to play here comes the pain!

Enjoyed the TNA game, as someone rightly said before, wwe stole a few concepts from this game.

Worst for me was WCW Thunder and backyard wrestling games.

Have no mercy but recently gave away the n64, I only bought it to play no mercy but could never get into

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Smackdown 2: Know Your Role and Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain are the ones that I remember being great.

Those are the two that come to mind for me as well.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

All the n64 ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Never got into the modern games. I had and liked Wrestlemania Challenge on the NES. I remember it would play each character's theme when they were fighting and you could send your partner to attack your opponent's partner.

Then of course, I loved playing Wrestlefest in the arcade, randomly hitting buttons trying to do a special move or get the opponent over the top rope.

Not WWE, but I remember the first place I saw a giant swing was in the excellent Tecmo World Wretling
    About the 3:55 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

WWF Royal rumble on the mega drive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Day of Reckoning is a fantastic engine. It's also just on the curve before THQ/Yukes went flat-out simulation, so a lot of the arcade-y foundations still exist in the mechanics. Its place on the relatively flailing GCN didn't help its popularity; pretty cool story-mode too. Aforementioned HctP'd rank high for similar reasons.

No Mercy is not an ager, by the way. Wooo-ee.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wrestlefest in the arcade was brilliant

Arcade_0201_09.png

krudler wrote: »

Arcade_0201_09.png

I spent many a punt in the arcade of Mosney on that one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

15 posts and no mention of the Fire Pro Series

FFS

Ah Fire pro, the first great 3d wrestling game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Day of Reckoning is a fantastic engine. It's also just on the curve before THQ/Yukes went flat-out simulation, so a lot of the arcade-y foundations still exist in the mechanics. Its place on the relatively flailing GCN didn't help its popularity; pretty cool story-mode too.

Yea, I loved both Day of Reckoning games. brilliant engine, the collision system was great i thought and the way you could knock over a ref or a third person if they got in the way of a move you were doing on another wrestler. Raw 2 for the xbox also had a great engine I thought but the animation was kinda lame. The level of customisation was great though, you could edit the in game wrestlers attire completely which was cool for making new stables ( I had a new nWo so you could give all the members nWo outfits ).

My top 3 would be No Mercy, Here Comes The Pain and Day of Reckoning 2.

Definitely the worst is Wrestlemania 21 for Xbox. horrible game although graphically amazing for its time. Also, not a Wrestling game but lets not forget this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    15 posts and no mention of the Fire Pro Series

FFS

Remember I spent a day going round Galway looking for Fire Pro Wrestling for the GBA. They looked at me like I was making the game up, never played any of them despite it apparently being v.good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

GTR63 wrote: »
    Remember I spent a day going round Galway looking for Fire Pro Wrestling for the GBA. They looked at me like I was making the game up, never played any of them despite it apparently being v.good

best game i had on the GBA

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

For me, Smackdown Just Bring It was the most disappointing WWE game. I think it was the first smackdown game on the PS2, and it replaced the season mode with a story mode that last 3 or 4 matches. So Just as I was getting into it, it was over.

Smackdown 2 on the playstation was my favourite of those games.

Should say the wrestling games I've spent most of my time on have been from the Total Extreme franchise. Essentially Promotion/Booking simulators, somewhat similar to the Football Manager games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

its gotta be smackdown 2 and wwf warzone. loved those 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

WCW / NWO Revenge was brilliant on 4 player Royal Rumble events, you get knocked out then get assigned the next entrant.

Passed hours as a teenager playing them, all the fun ended when Jim Neidhart flying headbutted Disco Inferno out of the Rumble as he just entered the ring, we laughed for hours at that one. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Smackdown 2 gets my vote. Shut Your Mouth was another good one, especially the 2-year story mode.

WWF Attitude was my first one though. Looking back, it was horrendous, but at the time it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anyone remember the In Your House game from the mid nineties? It was very cartoonish. For example, Undertaker would whip out an actual headstone and smash you over the nut with it. Was very weird!

Used to love WWF Raw on the mega drive, the theme tune was a beast and you could box the refs face in so much that he'd just walk out of the ring. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

krudler wrote: »

Arcade_0201_09.png

this is what I was hoping the SNES WWF games were gonna be like. Instead we got those rubbish LJN games Super Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble. LJN were responsible for so much awful rubbish on the NES also.

Advertisement