Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 can't get online?

Options
  • 23-02-2014 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

My son has a new PS4 and can't seem to get on-line with it. He used to have problems with the internet lagging on his PS3 but at least he could get on line.
    The PS4 picks up our modem box but he can't seem to connect.
    I even bought a booster for €70 and still nothing.
    His two brothers have no problem connecting online on their PS4's.
    Could it be a fault with his PS4?
    I thought maybe its his bedroom that has a bad connection but he's moved it to another room in the house and still nothing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

modmo wrote: »
    Hi,

My son has a new PS4 and can't seem to get on-line with it. He used to have problems with the internet lagging on his PS3 but at least he could get on line.
    The PS4 picks up our modem box but he can't seem to connect.
    I even bought a booster for €70 and still nothing.
    His two brothers have no problem connecting online on their PS4's.
    Could it be a fault with his PS4?
    I thought maybe its his bedroom that has a bad connection but he's moved it to another room in the house and still nothing.

wired or wireless connection?

Have you tried both with no succession?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 modmo

We have only tried wireless.
    Wired isn't an option because of where we need to keep the modem box.
    The phone line is my bedroom. You know the yellow cable in put into the modem box is there an extension version of this that I could buy so we can run it from my bedroom into his where his PS4 & telly is?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

The phone line is my bedroom. You know the yellow cable in put into the modem box is there an extension version of this that I could buy so we can run it from my bedroom into his where his PS4 & telly is?

wireless should be easy enough to set up for him.

Choose wireless- pick connection-enter ssid-choose automatic setting for everything and you should be ready to go..what error do you get..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Get a set of these and you wont need to worry about wires apart from a small one in to and out of the lan plug.

51x98WTbyrL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jackdalad23

If at all possible try get the modem moved to a more central location in the house !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Would it be possible to set up the PS4 and TV in the room with the phone line for a quick test to make sure it can connect to the Internet wired? This would rule out lots of potential issues.

Advertisement