Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art Portfolio

Options
  • 23-02-2014 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi!

Have any of you been working on an art portfolio for college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lcstudent14

Just for a portfolio prep course! Have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 dreamer95

Yeah I did one myself this year. What was the course like?

No I'm in leaving cert at the moment, applying to an art portfolio prep course for next year! So trying to fill a scetch book! How was your course? :)

No I did one at home myself, I'm in leaving cert too. Where are you planning on doing the art prep course?

Ah I see! Galway GTI, what about you?

• Advertisement

I've never heard of Galway GTI,
    I submitted my portfolio to NCAD and I'm also sending it into LSAD and DIT too.

Ya it's supposed to be really good anyway! What courses are you interested in? :)

Art & Design and Visual Communications which is basically Graphic Design. Is there any specific area of art you want to get into?

Ahhhh yes same here! Visual communications would be my first choice, it looks pretty good in LIT actually. So LIT, IADT, NCAD or CIT!

Yeah Limerick sounds really good! I'd love to get into NCAD though, it's my first choice.

• Advertisement

Yeah id say that's a lot of people's first choice! Would you have to move out?

I'm not sure, I'd like to because it would be more conveniently bing near the college but I've heard that commuting is actually cheaper.. I live in the midlands by the way

Yeah it would be a lot handier but really expensive. I live in Galway, the only art courses are in GMIT and I'm really not interested in any of the courses there haha

Haha yeah I applied to GMIT but only as a back up if I don't get anything else! How's your sketch book going?

Advertisement