Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Yamaha Virago 1998 – 125cc in Dublin 15, Mulhuddart

Options
  • 23-02-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi all,

please let me share the loss of my motorbike which I only owned "one" month.

Make: Yamaha
    Model: Virago 125cc
    Color: Black
    Year: 1998
    Location Of Theft: In front of the house Castlecurragh Heath, Mulhuddart, Dublin 15
    Date: 19.02.2014
    Time: Around 3 to 5 am
    Security used on bike (alarm, chain, disc lock, dog, etc.): Only ignition lock
    Distinctive features: Electric starter was not working – Left back indicator was not working – Speedometer was not working - The engine sound was pretty big for a 125cc
    Method of removal (ridden away, lifted in van) Probably moved away, not ridden
    Bike description: The bike is a 125cc low rider

Whoever would see my bike, please contact the GARDA immediately and then myself !

Thank you for sharing anywhere
    Best regards
    Berny
    bike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Scumbags. ... hope ya get sorted. Was it insured for theft?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ugh, another, sorry to hear that mate. Believe me I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Hope you somehow manage to get your bike back op. Not sure what the recovery rate is on stolen bike in Ireland but I believe it to be low. I have had two motorbikes stolen over the years neither of them recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Z CAR M

Hi all, thanks for your sympathy. When I see this bike, yeah its still hurting and have nothing heard yet from the Garda. I guess as Greemachine mentioned. The recovery rate might be very low. Unfortunately, I was so super stupid not to cover it with theft protection, so its my fault as well. However, I now bought a GPD Device now pretty cheap to track my future bike whenever it would get stolen again. Now in adverts.ie I see a guy who is selling an engine for the exact same Model and located in........Blanch...I have informed the Garda already in hope they will check ! Will get a call back this afternoon from the Garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Z CAR M wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for your sympathy. When I see this bike, yeah its still hurting and have nothing heard yet from the Garda. I guess as Greemachine mentioned. The recovery rate might be very low. Unfortunately, I was so super stupid not to cover it with theft protection, so its my fault as well. However, I now bought a GPD Device now pretty cheap to track my future bike whenever it would get stolen again. Now in adverts.ie I see a guy who is selling an engine for the exact same Model and located in........Blanch...I have informed the Garda already in hope they will check ! Will get a call back this afternoon from the Garda.

Thats a bit of a wild accusation to be making, I've seen plenty of 1998 Virago 125's around !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement