Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interrailing/Backpacking 2014 recommendations

• 23-02-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey lads, a group of 7 of us are going interrailing in June and are looking for the best: 1. Hostels
    2. New Activities
    3. Sightseeing etc.

Our cities are Amsterdam, Berlin, Krakow, Budapest, Ljubljiana, Bled, Prague.

All suggestions/recommendations/tips will be really appreciated,

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juloquirke

We were thinking of the Cat's pyjamas hostel or citystay hostel in Berlin, not sure what either are like, cats pyjamas in in Kreuzkolln/Friedrichshain and citystay is in Mitte, not sure which Borough to stay in though

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mick_1984

I stayed in a hostel in Krakow called Nathans Villa. It wasn't the cheapest but it had a free BBQ each night and a class cellar bar as well. It was probably the nicest hostel i stayed in when inter-railing.

There's a hostel on one of the islands in Prague which looks great but was always booked whenever I've gone there, i think its called something simple like Island hostel, its on strelecky ostrov. I'd definitely try to get there as I've been to Prague three times and have never been overly impressed with the hostels we've stayed in.

In terms of Budapest, all i will say is don't go with the guy that greets you at the train station, I've been there three times and he's always there. We stayed in his hostel once but it wasn't great and was a bit far out, there's plenty of better options closer to the city centre.

Advertisement