Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MaMa Chef

Options
  • 23-02-2014 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭

Anyone any info on mama chef soon to open in Milfield?

I hope it gives O'Briens a run for its money.

Driving through the town the other evening i was shocked at the amount of fast food places in.
    Unreal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Think it's a Chinese buffet type place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Think it's a Chinese buffet type place.

Ah just what the area needs so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Yeah I had been hoping for something a little upmarket. Cheap Chinese food is the last thing Balbriggan needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Csalem

Was in Millfield today and this place was open. They seem to sell a range of items from Spring Rolls to Battered Sausages to a Full Irish Breakfast! I stuck with O'Briens myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Yeah I had been hoping for something a little upmarket. Cheap Chinese food is the last thing Balbriggan needs.

There's no market for "up market" places in balbriggan.
    Skerries has many fine eateries, try some of those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

kaahooters wrote: »

Don't talk rubbish. Thai Gourmet is an excellent, upmarket restaurant. Moti Mahal is also pretty good.

Mama Chef looks muck though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭kaahooters

BMJD wrote: »
    Don't talk rubbish. Thai Gourmet is an excellent, upmarket restaurant. Moti Mahal is also pretty good.

Like all things, ignoring it will make it go away.
    In balbriggan there's 14(?) fast food places.
    There's no market for nice up market restaurants, and the two examples you've given( which I enjoy both ) are far better than the fast food places, are not upmarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Nodster

Had a peep at MaMa Chef's earlier - no menu's to see what's exactly on offer, so wasn't tempted to venture further up to the counter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

kaahooters wrote: »

There is a market for a good restaurant in Balbriggan since it doesn't have a single decent restaurant at the moment.
    Not everyone wants to get a Taxi back from Skerries because they wanted to enjoy a bottle of wine with their meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

BMJD wrote: »

Neither are really up to much tbh, and their menus are limited to Asian cuisine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They are Asian restaurants - they generally limit their menus to Asian cuisine.

Moti Mahal does fine Indian dishes & I know my Indian food. I've not eaten in the Thai restaurant but anyone I've spoken to has had good things to say about the food & the service.

Advertisement