Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent beer offer in Centra

Options
  • 22-02-2014 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭

Just left Centra where they seem to have a pretty decent craft beer sale on.

I noticed kronenburg (spelling?), ginger beard, fursty ferret, hobgoblin, but there was Loads to choose from.

Anyway, I walked out with 4 x hobgoblin for €10
    And while not strictly a 'craft' beer, 4 x peroni (660ml bottles) for €10

Four peroni for a tenner is a great bargain by any standards.

It seemed too good to be true, so much so that I asked the sales Assistant if the price was correct before I purchased (a few times), and sure enough they scanned in at a tenner. :)

Drink up folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Sound I'll be getting the peroni in tomorrow lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

looder wrote: »

That website has the details of the peroni wrong. It's 5.2%, and (mine anyway) were 4x 660ml bottles for €10

Johnstown co kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Do Supervalu own Centra? as they have the same deal, i'd urge you all to grab them Innis & Gunn, Bargain!

Do Supervalu own Centra? as they have the same deal, i'd urge you all to grab them Innis & Gunn, Bargain!

Yeah, both owned by Musgraves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Will check my local super valu and centras tomorrow.
    Very rarely do i find super valu or centra value for money on beer offers compared to the other supermarkets, so lets hope these deals are plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

Anyway, I walked out with 4 x hobgoblin for €10

Hobgoblin are always €2.09 per bottle in Aldi ....

RayCon wrote: »
    Hobgoblin are always €2.09 per bottle in Aldi ....

Ah well. Live and learn.

Good deal for the local shop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

4 for tenner seems enough seeing as dunnes had some of these for 4x8.50 recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

There a poor selection of craft beers, there'd a red Irish ale on offer Brú from the Brú Brewery, as far as Irish craft beers go it's one of the worst I've tasted. With the amount of really good craft beers around these days I doth know how centra ended up with such a poor selection and 1 token Irish brewery. It's like Diageo picked them to make you go back up the Guinness an Smythicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

wow i thought the bru rua was superb.... how tastes differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Found it flavourless and weak, some lovely Irish ales out there but I couldn't class this as one. Well presented with notions of something Cú Chulainn would have drank but i'd say he would have beaten you with his hurl if you served it to him.
    It didn't feel craft, real made for supermarket taste. Maybe I'm being a bit hard but there was white gypsy beside it and you couldn't compare the two, I made the wrong choice.

Found it flavourless and weak, some lovely Irish ales out there but I couldn't class this as one. Well presented with notions of something Cú Chulainn would have drank but i'd say he would have beaten you with his hurl if you served it to him.
    It didn't feel craft, real made for supermarket taste. Maybe I'm being a bit hard but there was white gypsy beside it and you couldn't compare the two, I made the wrong choice.

Where can I get white gypsy D.M?

I like the white beer OBriens are selling atm, svtyturys. It's delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Bru Rua was lovely - had it earlier this evening. Dont' think Aldi always have Hobgoblin for €2.09 although I stand to be corrected - Lidl had Spitfire and Bishops Finger last week 2 for €3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

Tesco had the Hobgoblin for E2.09 until very recently. I noticed yesterday that they had ramped it up to E2.29 ????

Anyway a 10%+ increase.

Every little helps (their profits)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭RayCon

josh59 wrote: »
    Dont' think Aldi always have Hobgoblin for €2.09 although I stand to be corrected -

The two Aldi's near me always have Hobgoblin and Old Speckled Hen @ €2.09 each as part of their range , not as a limited special offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

josh59 wrote: »
    Bru Rua was lovely - had it earlier this evening. Dont' think Aldi always have Hobgoblin for €2.09 although I stand to be corrected - Lidl had Spitfire and Bishops Finger last week 2 for €3

Irish Red is a rubbish style, but Bru Rua is a decent example of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Murt10

Murt10 wrote: »
    Tesco had the Hobgoblin for E2.09 until very recently. I noticed yesterday that they had ramped it up to E2.29 ????

Anyway a 10%+ increase.

Every little helps (their profits)

Sorry that should read E2.35 from E2.09. That's a whopping 12% increase.

Nice one Tescos. Robbin Bastars

EDIT: Price back down to E2.09 today. E2.39 a misprice???

Advertisement