Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help for new shower idea

Options
  • 22-02-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the process of planning for a bathroom renovation and looking at this sort of idea

Replacing my current Triton T80xr mains fed shower with a Trition T90z (new pipe feed from tank in attic)

What I would like to do is follows

Put the T90z on the wall. Take the outlet of the shower to some sort of valve that can divert the water to 2 separate shower heads.

The first shower head will be the hand held one that will come with the T90z.
    The second shower head will be a fixed over head shower (200mm diameter) on a mounting arm. Therefore the water supply pipe for this would run behind the wall from this diverter valve to the shower head.

Is there such a valve available? Something as easy as possible to switch from one head to the other..

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Its called a two way divertor valve
    , but it wont work!
    The 200mm head will let too much water through and wont heat the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Its called a two way divertor valve
    , but it wont work!
    The 200mm head will let too much water through and wont heat the water.

thanks for reply, but if you dont mind me asking why you say the 200mm head wont let the water through?
    Would it not be the same as the handheld?
    The T90z will heat the water

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    thanks for reply, but if you dont mind me asking why you say the 200mm head wont let the water through?

He said it will let too much water through!
    It won't work anyway. The triton shower is too weak to satisfy the high flow rate needed of larger shower heads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

I'd say what he means is the larger head will have a higher flow rate so wouldn't give the shower unit time to heat the water quick enough

Edit: sorry dec , typed at the same time as yourself!

sorry guys, read it too fast...

Understand the reply now..

So you dont think the integral pump of the T90z is strong enough for the 200mm head?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

So you dont think the integral pump of the T90z is strong enough for the 200mm head?

I think it's not strong enough. Only because I've seen a customer of mine pipe one up to an 8" shower head before and it only dribbled out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Its not a pump, its an impeller which draws water down from the cold water storage tank, all instant shlwers are restricted by the amount of water they can heat, thats why they are called instant showers, typical flow rate 6lr per min.
    Bigger head bigger flow rate = less hot water.

Thanks for all replies...saved me some time and money

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

If you want a high flow rate head, then forget heating the water in the shower, and find a way to supply pre heated water from the tank. One possible, albeit expensive, is the Aqua Lisa Quartz, that can pump up to 18 L per minute. Have one here, and very happy with it. Diverter valve would work with that, as long as you don't change the diverter while it's running, to avoid overloading the pump while there's no flow possible.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement