Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Lumia 1320

Options
  • 22-02-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

The nokia lumia 1320 will hit the stores soon and 02 have exclusivity will you buy the cheaper version of the 1520 ?

Lumia-1320-Hero-1-jpg.jpg

Full specs HERE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

jimmynokia wrote: »
    The nokia lumia 1320 will hit the stores soon and 02 have exclusivity will you buy the cheaper version of the 1520 ?

Full specs HERE

For a 6 inch phone the specs are really disappointing, 8gb of internal memory is awful for a phone of its size, even with an SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Sonics2k wrote: »
    For a 6 inch phone the specs are really disappointing, 8gb of internal memory is awful for a phone of its size, even with an SD card.

Since when did bigger screen mean bigger storage applies?

Since when did bigger screen mean bigger storage applies?

It doesn't mean it should, but there's no real reason it shouldn't have the extra storage, especially when you consider the OS itself takes up more than 2gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

It doesn't mean it should, but there's no real reason it shouldn't have the extra storage, especially when you consider the OS itself takes up more than 2gb.

8gb on a windows phone right now is a real problem with regards installing large apps and games. At least when 8.1 hits in the next 2 or 3 months you'll have proper support for installing to the sd card. Then you're laughing.

I'm still wary of phones this big though.

You have skydrive there now and 8.1 on the way whats the issue?? It is a toned down version of the 1520 remember.

• Advertisement

You have skydrive there now and 8.1 on the way whats the issue?? It is a toned down version of the 1520 remember.

Skydrive and similar are grand for photos and the like, but not so great for larger apps and games that are available. Quite a lot of games now care pushing a gig or more.

Also, Sky drive is great for people who understand it, a large amount of the target market for this phone will be from an older generation who won't understand the concept or how it works. I speak to dozens of people each day who have no idea what updates are or how they work.

Its the same with the Moto G, customers should not have to rely on Cloud services.

Skydrive and similar are grand for photos and the like, but not so great for larger apps and games that are available. Quite a lot of games now care pushing a gig or more.

Also, Sky drive is great for people who understand it, a large amount of the target market for this phone will be from an older generation who won't understand the concept or how it works. I speak to dozens of people each day who have no idea what updates are or how they work.

Its the same with the Moto G, customers should not have to rely on Cloud services.

You seem to be missing the point, it's a budget version of the 1520. Hence a lot cheaper so less spec.

Now on sale in O2 329.99 on pay as you go not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Have been using the 1520 since Friday, went out on a limb with the big screen and love it. For that price on 02 prepay, the 1320 would be nice option for people who do a lot of browsing, I'm probably going to sell my galaxy tab, no need for it with IE on the 6 inch screen!
    p.s. I'm 087 so no option of 1320 for me, 1520 was still 200 bucks even with the upgrade but I dare say, maybe, worth it!! :D

Advertisement