Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What tools/methods do you use to get stuff organised?

Options
  • 22-02-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

The older I get, the more I've learnt that being organised is the best way to make your income stretch that bit further.

What workflows/ methods do you use on a weekly or monthly basis to organise your life/spends/ plans/ things you need to do.

Personally I find making a hand written list the simplest way to try organise my life but in this modern world there are so many apps, websites and online tools that can be used to in theory help you organise your life and thus help you get more bang for your buck!

So, while a very general question, what do you use?

I personally use:

A hand written list hung on my wall that I get great joy ticking off completed tasks on

An A2 sized whiteboard calendar that helps me keep track of where I need to be, work I have to do, things I need to pay etc.

Bargain alerts on boards

Tasssk is a good website list maker that helps you divide up your time effectively for completing tasks.

Any. Do is a great app for list making

Household budget to try plan ahead and make sure my money lasts.

Bonkers.ie for comparing prices for services like electricity/gas/ broadband and helping you get the best offer.

Mydealpage for finding good deals for eating out or discounted activities

Online banking helps me get a lot of payments done without having to queue at the bank, but it does cost me 20cent for every transaction.

What do you use and what tips have you got to help make life that bit easier and make money go that bit further?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Excel spreadsheet to keep track of savings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Excel spreadsheet to keep track of savings

You still have savings? Congratulations, you are obviously doing something right. :D

I am not as organised as I used to be but I make endless 'to do' lists and tick them off as I go. At the moment I have exactly 20 things to do today. I have ticked off two of them so far, but nowhere on that list is 'pop onto Boards' so I'd better toddle off and continue my tasks. I just realised there are no housekeeping duties on the list either so I'll have to do them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    You still have savings? Congratulations, you are obviously doing something right. :D

Meagre savings :)

Advertisement