Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for a new alarm system

Options
  • 22-02-2014 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

We are moving into new ground floor apartment. It’s a well furnished new apartment. There is a security alarm wire but no box. My agent advised me to install a box, which shouldn’t me expensive.

Can anyone guide me about alarm company, which I should contact? And what would be approximate cost for a 2 bedroom apartment ? I don’t want phone watch or GSM, since it’s an apartment and bit far but there is a security office.

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You should shop around and get around 3 quotes and surveys. Don't accept any quotations over the phone, this only leads to surprise extras.
    How big is the apartment? How many windows and doors etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 delta2000

KoolKid wrote: »
    How big is the apartment? How many windows and doors etc?

Many Thanks KoolKid
    Yes I will go and shop around, but I need to finalise my letting agreement today.
    According to my agent, since apartment is already wired, it shouldn’t cost more than €300. If it’s more than €500 then I will negotiate rent.

It’s has 2 double bed with a living area. 1 main door, 4 window and 2 big balcony door.
    Regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You are not going to get a professionally installed system for €300.
    It will be €500 or more.

Can you recommend me any good installer in Dublin area.
    PM me if you want.

Thanks

Thanks for your help. Highly appreciated

Difficulty with rented place is that landlords don’t care about the security and tenants don’t want to invest much in this. Do you know any alarm system which I could take out at the end of my lease term? In short anything which I can carry with myself, in case if I change house.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 swordsy

I'm on the lookout for someone to install a wireless alarm for me in Dublin region. Could one of you guys PM me a few of those recommendations please?

Advertisement