Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a laptop for work

Options
  • 22-02-2014 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

These are the specs I'm looking for:

i7 processor
    8GB RAM
    Standard HD with SSD for booting
    1920x1080 screen
    Aluminium/steel (basically a premium finish)
    Matte display
    Backlit keyboard
    Thin
    Windows 7 Pro
    Price range: anything up to €1500

I'll be using the laptop for Photoshop, web design, everyday work etc. Work wants me to get something that will be able to handle a lot of intense tasks and also last a few years.

I'm coming from a Mac (I've used them for over 10 years). Apple has spoilt me with their high quality design, durability etc.

Are Dell worth a look?. Inspiron 14/17 7000 series, XPS range? I really liked the look/spec of these however, I don't want a touch screen or Windows 8. I've been told to stay away from Dell though.

Would a Thinkpad be suitable?

I'm completely open to suggestions. Had my eye on an Alienware 14 but there's no way I could convince work I needed that ha.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement