Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S3 USA to only get 4.4 - International version not enough ram

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's a two year old device not going to see it. On the other hand my younger Note 2 will get it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I think you'll find the only consideration for Samsung was cost. Rolling out a working 4.4, would be difficult and somewhat costly and of no real benefit to Samsung or S3 users. The most important update to android since it's inception is contained in 4.3, trim support. Which effectively cures the lag, that has plagued android for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Why wait for Sammy??

There are any number of KK ROM's for SIII i9300 available on XDA......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why wait for Sammy??

There are any number of KK ROM's for SIII i9300 available on XDA......:)

I had a kitkat ROM on my Note 2 and I found there was a bit of a battery drain so I went back to 4.3. I'm not saying they are all like that you just have to flash different ones and find the best one that suits you. Or you could just read through the threads on xda and find which one most people are having success with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Bull****, 4.4 is designed to run on older underpowered devices, i wouldnt consider the s3 underpowered by any means, thats pure bull tbh, glad i ditched Samsung

• Advertisement
Advertisement