Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Shops in Limerick

Options
  • 21-02-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

just wondering is there many shops around limerick that sell toys? More specifically ones that sell/would sell skateboards?! Any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Smyths on Childers Road and World of Wonder on the Dublin Rd are the two main toyshops. Argos may also sell skateboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

There's a clothes shop on Ellen Street that was selling boards and wheels. Not sure if its still open since I haven't been since before christmas. Its beside the fishing shop near Arthurs key side of Ellen street.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Actually know quite a few kids that take their skateboarding seriously ( hence them being so damn good at it), and a lot of them get their decks, wheels, bearings, trucks etc in some of the stores in Cork or they buy them secondhand from local kids here who got the stuff originally in Cork or from websites like Skatehut.co.uk

Given Cork has a pretty good outdoor skatepark and a good custom built indoor skatepark (something similar would be fantastic to see in Limerick) I suppose it makes sense that there would be more stock available down there, but there is a healthy population of boarders here in Limerick.

If the skateboard and associated add ons are for a beginner, then what you get in the likes of Smyths would probably do as a start up board, but expect the user to cannibalize the board at some point so that they can change wheels, trucks etc or add graphics, so a decent tool kit would not go amiss and nor would having some wax got (although have seen local boarders using candles for their source of wax).

Have a chat with the kid you are getting the board for first though, and try to get an idea what they hope to do with it in time because trust me getting a shortboard when a longboard was wanted can lead to hissy fits.

Won't be chatting with my mate's kid today as am heading back to Liverpool this evening so won't be able to ask where locally is good(some of the local business closed stoicking decent gear closed) , but the extreme sports forum here on Boards may be of help to you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=168

and you can always browse Skatehut's site, then compare their prices if you find the same board locally.

http://www.skatehut.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mufc1993

Cool thanks guys. The reason I'm asking is I have 2 types of skateboards that I got from a shop that has gone bust, wouldn't mind trying to distribute them down in Limerick if I could, as I'm based in UL. Probably wouldn't be able to sell them to the bigger shops, any smaller shops/sole traders around Castletroy that would sell them?

Advertisement