Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITIL Foundation Qualification

Options
  • 21-02-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone know the cheapest / best route to go down for the ITIL foundation exam.

I've found a few places offering it up as a 3 day course plus exam and qualification for between 850 (Sureskills) and 1250 (New Horizon online).

Is it possible to just get the material and do the exam seperately? Can't find it on Prometric

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Its lisenced by the uk govmernment. Which means optioms are limited. You'll be better checking woth those who privide the course if they do exam only.

The thing though is, even the books are expensive if you want to read up on it without the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Its lisenced by the uk govmernment. Which means optioms are limited. You'll be better checking woth those who privide the course if they do exam only.

The thing though is, even the books are expensive if you want to read up on it without the exam.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'd like to get my team certified at a foundation level so at least buying a PDF / online material wouldn't be too bad.

I know we did this with Prince 2 a few years ago but can't remember who provided it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

the basic foundation can be taken at prometric centers for about 126 euro from exin or iseb,book/manual for 30 euro from amazon and plenty of help online with tutorials too. More advanced levels you need training provider to sit exams/more expensive

donegal11 wrote: »
    the basic foundation can be taken at prometric centers for about 126 euro from exin or iseb,book/manual for 30 euro from amazon and plenty of help online with tutorials too. More advanced levels you need training provider to sit exams/more expensive
    Cheers. Sounds a lot better. Seems like overkill to do a 3 day course based on doing the Prince 2 foundation. Presume its no more difficult?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

avoid it, its a load of bollox, just put it on your cv, they never ask for the cert!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

avoid it, its a load of bollox, just put it on your cv, they never ask for the cert!

Not so, I'd to supply verification of my certs to my new employer.

The material is very dry and not something I'll be revisiting anytime soon but it has value and most companies I've interviewed with have looked favorably on me having it.

I work for a consultancy firm so it'd be playing with fire putting lies on tenders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

It's gone up to 172 euros now on exin, and ISEB is rebranded as BCS now if your looking for it on prometric. There was a great series of videos on youtube but have since been deleted but googles your friend:). What area of consultancy work do you think itil is required?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Most service delivery jobs will mention it.
    I don't think its required , but it can make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'll be doing the course with sureskills next month.
    Always found their courses good. I've already done the csm and cspo certificates

• Advertisement

Has anyone any links to where best to get training material?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I used CBT Nuggets video tutorials and then I used Visual CertExam to to do severeal practice exams and passed with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aline.lemos

Hi!

I'm Brazilian and I have a question about IT certification.

Here in Brazil, there are many companies that sell courses on level foundations of APMG and EXIN (mainly self-study format or "online"), but I don't find as many in the USA and the EU.

Is there demand these certifications in the countries of you? You need the level Foundation first. How do you do to achieve the advanced and Master level?

I do not find online courses in the English language. Why?

Aline

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Rather than start a new thread.....

Best option for learning ITIL foundation? CBNuggets?
    Best option and cost of sitting the exam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Zipppy wrote: »
    Rather than start a new thread.....

Best option for learning ITIL foundation? CBNuggets?
    Best option and cost of sitting the exam?

Find somewhere that does the 3 day course. There's a lot to be learned for the exam and the interaction is invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Find somewhere that does the 3 day course. There's a lot to be learned for the exam and the interaction is invaluable.

€850+ though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I done a two day course in Dublin with knowledge academy, €460+vat.
    I had no prior knowledge and was in a completely different industry so I found it worth while.
    I studied it beforehand but wasn't passing all practice exams so decided to do the course and I passed no problem.

Only advice I would give to people is if you studying independently, I would take a full hour to do every exam, questions aren't there to trick you, but one question could have a couple of correct answers, you have to pick the MOST correct answer, this does take time and don't do it like me and run through a sample 40 question multiple choice exam in 10 minutes.

Advertisement