Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D 4e - HELP! Can't get books anywhere!

Options
  • 21-02-2014 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey I'm hoping somebody on this thread can help me! I've recently started playing D&D 4e with my bros we ocassionally meet up every couple of months to play. I started out with the redbox which was great fun but was not able to get the monsterbox or dungeron master kit anywhere - both of which would be extremly helpful for me to DM.

Currently I've progressed on the Ebberon campaign but still find myself lacking those essentials - can anybody advise where I might be able to get the Monsterbox or DM Kit? I tried amazon and they ocassionally have the monsterbox up but the DM Kit I'm at a loss!

I've tried gamersworld dublin which was where I got the redbox but sadly they havent had the DM kit in. I think it might be to do with D&D next due for release...

Can anybody shed some light on this for me??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's a fricking nightmare to buy 4th ed books, unfortunately. Especially as wizards stopped doing digital books. It never really took off as an edition, and as such most shops stopped buying it, and stuff just lapsed out of print.

Have you considered getting a DDI subscription? It's 10 dollars a month, and has a really nice searchable database of almost all published content, and encounter and character building tools. It's honestly the most useful thing to me for running 4E - I'm actually doing it with that and the quickstart rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Guitar_Monkey

Have you tried Forbidden Planet in Dublin ? Pretty sure they have some D&D stuff in the basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If you're willing to travel Other Realms in Cork have a tonne of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leacy22

I thought about the DDI subscription alright but we don't play it often enough for the subscription to be worthwhile tbh - thanks for your suggestion.

I tried forbidden planet also no luck :( might have another look!

Unable to travel down to Cork im afraid - do you think theyd deliver it Sarky?

I don't know, I live nearby though so I could pop in and ask for you this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

leacy22 wrote: »
    I thought about the DDI subscription alright but we don't play it often enough for the subscription to be worthwhile tbh - thanks for your suggestion.

I tried forbidden planet also no luck :( might have another look!

Unable to travel down to Cork im afraid - do you think theyd deliver it Sarky?

If you're ok ordering stuff, there's always amazon, should be able to pick stuff up there.

Edit: Hey Sarky, while you're there, think you could see if they have either the Essential Rules Compendium, or any kind of Dungeon Tiles? Kthxbai.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

Raphael wrote: »
    If you're ok ordering stuff, there's always amazon, should be able to pick stuff up there.

{...}

On Amazon here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 leacy22

Sarky could you ask for me? Would be much appreciated!

I tried amazon but they dont have the Monster Kit or DM Kit - the ones they do have are being priced on marketplace value of 100e+ each which is a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

leacy22 wrote: »
    Sarky could you ask for me? Would be much appreciated!

I tried amazon but they dont have the Monster Kit or DM Kit - the ones they do have are being priced on marketplace value of 100e+ each which is a joke!

Not sure what the Monster Kit or DM Kit are, unless you mean the Monster Vault? Amazon ebay

Well this is embarrassing, they sold most of them since I was last in, they've buggerall left now. Sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Hawkeye182

I found this this morning, maybe this'll help? Of course I find the damn advert after I buy the DM manual online myself :/
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-books-magazines/dungeons-and-dragons-4th-edition-rulebooks/4865953

Advertisement