Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offshoring 101

Options
  • 21-02-2014 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Is it legal to set up an offshore (e.g. Cayman/Singaporean/Swiss) holding company/bank accounts and act as a foreign company operating in Ireland for tax purposes?

If it is legal - is it generally cost effective when factoring in forex/admin rates if a company were to have E50k-E100k in revenues?

The answer is probably really obvious but I'm a total greenhorn to this and couldn't find anything on Boards through searching! Any and all help appreciated.

EDIT: I'm an Irish national but not domiciled there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

stainluss wrote: »
    Is it legal to set up an offshore (e.g. Cayman/Singaporean/Swiss) holding company/bank accounts and act as a foreign company operating in Ireland for tax purposes?

If it is legal - is it generally cost effective when factoring in forex/admin rates if a company were to have E50k-E100k in revenues?

The answer is probably really obvious but I'm a total greenhorn to this and couldn't find anything on Boards through searching! Any and all help appreciated.

EDIT: I'm an Irish national but not domiciled there.

Of course it's legal, plenty of foreign companies operate here - just be sure you don't mix up having a foreign registered company for having a company that magically isn't tax resident/owing any taxes here... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Of course it's legal, plenty of foreign companies operate here - just be sure you don't mix up having a foreign registered company for having a company that magically isn't tax resident/owing any taxes here... ;)

What's the difference? Lets say a company did 100% of its business in Ireland but is registered (magically or not haha) in another country..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

This is structured tax advice and this is not appropriate for this forum

Thread closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Snip!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement