Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chevron Training

Options
  • 21-02-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi. I am thinking about doing a healthcare assistant course with Chevron training. Just wondering if anybody has completed this course? Is it worth the money? Any good/bad reviews would be great. Thanks. :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭martineire

It's a good course, the care sector is an area where the jobs are nowadays. Don't do it with chevron though. You should get the course for free through your local VEC (adult education) or FAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 juno85

martineire wrote: »
    It's a good course, the care sector is an area where the jobs are nowadays. Don't do it with chevron though. You should get the course for free through your local VEC (adult education) or FAS.

Thanks for reply. I was in college twice doing healthcare assistant training, could not get any help from VEC or Back to education allowence. First time they said I wasn't on job seekers long enough for help, second time they just woudn't. Even after many appeals. So they cut me off, (wasnt looking for work, if in college they said) had to leave college, go back on dole. I would probably have a job now in healthcare. Can't win. Have you done chevron healthcare training? Thanks. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pockahocka

juno85 wrote: »
    Hi. I am thinking about doing a healthcare assistant course with Chevron training. Just wondering if anybody has completed this course? Is it worth the money? Any good/bad reviews would be great. Thanks. :-)
    I have just started this course and would appreciate any advice you could offer please?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheSockMonster

Hi, I am just finishing the level 5 healthcare award with Chevron. It's a mixed bag really. The people in the office are so nice but to be honest most of the tutors aren't great (in my experience this seems to be the case with a lot of distance learning centres). If you are confident about being able to do the assignments, understand the material and work independently then it's a good option but if you need more support then it's better to do the award through attendance learning. It also takes a lot of self discipline to study through distance learning.

While I have my complaints about chevron (mostly around the tutors), I have enjoyed the course and I would still pick them if I was starting all over again. Like I said, I am not yet finished the course, but I have had a lot of positive feedback from employers. While I have done extra modules and work related training, the fact that the course is online hasn't seemed to had any effect on gaining employment. I put my cv online and I have been contacted by nursing homes wanting me to come for interviews. Doing this course also helped me to get a place on a course at UCD which I am now doing concurrently.

So yeah, I would recommend it to anyone who thinks that they are able for studying from home. If you have any specific questions about the course just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 healthworker

Do we have to post our assignments I have just started today it seems odd an online course not accepting emailed assignments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Barnical

In relation to doing the Fetac level 5 Healthcare Award with Chevron, can you tell me it is possible to complete the modules at a self determined pace?I am considering doing it but would like to 'fly through it' in a sense.Do they release modules whenever the student requests or is there a minimum time-frame, say one module per month?I have just completed a degree course in U.C.C so am confident that I can tackle big workloads but would like to do this course fast as I need to find work in the nearish future, that's why I'm avoiding an 'in-house- type course in Heathcare.
    Any advice much appreciated.

Barnical

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mirsbrowne

Hi. Iam just after starting an Sna course with Cheveron just wondering how many assignments do you have to do on level 5 please? Thanks

Advertisement