Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phonewatch with no exit or entry delay

Options
  • 20-02-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, girlfriends house has eircom phonewatch alarm and she has a fob for arming disarming, only one though. So this morning I set the alarm on the panel and went to leave...Alarm sounded as soon as I opened the door.
    This evening I came in and the alarm sounded immediately.

When arming it does give the usual beep, but I left within 30s and still sounded.

User guide says there is a configurable delay but only installer....ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If may be seeing a tamper on the device on the front door. What panel is this?
    Is it the Simon?
    11102010174.jpg
    If so what is it announcing when you disarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭altor

GreeBo wrote: »
    Hey, girlfriends house has eircom phonewatch alarm and she has a fob for arming disarming, only one though. So this morning I set the alarm on the panel and went to leave...Alarm sounded as soon as I opened the door.
    This evening I came in and the alarm sounded immediately.

When arming it does give the usual beep, but I left within 30s and still sounded.

User guide says there is a configurable delay but only installer....ideas?

The tamper would show up when arming the system and should not allow you arm the system while announcing sensor 1 front door tampered.

Can you press the status button and let us know what it says?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm not suggesting there is a permanent tamper, as you say any system would not arm. I was asking if the closing or opening of the door could be registering a tamper.
    We have all seen that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,126 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Will take a look this evening, it arms as normal from the panel, giving the beeps that would indicate a delay, unless its a stupid short one on arm?

It definitely sounded immediately on opening the door from the outside...

thanks lads.

sorry thats not the panel by the way, its a much smaller, newer one.

Will take a look this evening, it arms as normal from the panel, giving the beeps that would indicate a delay, unless its a stupid short one on arm?

It definitely sounded immediately on opening the door from the outside...

thanks lads.

sorry thats not the panel by the way, its a much smaller, newer one.

Must be the XT then. Does it let you partset the alarm?

• Advertisement

Yep its the Simon XT, checked it last night.

When arming for either stay or away it beeps for a couple of minutes before giving a final beep.

however when beeping for Away and I opened the front door to leave it went mental.

likewise when returning that evening, the alarm sounded immediately when I opened the door.

I wondered if the returning issue was because the fob was setting the alarm to STAY?

cheers!

And when you setting the alarm are you able to open and close the door during the exit time.?
    When you disarm it after an activation what does the panel display?

Yep its the Simon XT, checked it last night.

When arming for either stay or away it beeps for a couple of minutes before giving a final beep.

however when beeping for Away and I opened the front door to leave it went mental.

likewise when returning that evening, the alarm sounded immediately when I opened the door.

I wondered if the returning issue was because the fob was setting the alarm to STAY?

cheers!

That is strange as the front door should be set up as entry/exit to allow you enter and exit the premises. The only way to find out the way its set is by checking the group number it is programmed to. Should be 10 for entry/exit.

Cheers...Any guide on how I check that? Don't seem to be any manuals around...

Did you find what it is showing when you disarm it after it activates.?

• Advertisement

I checked the log and it showed front door and hallway sensor, I can check again tonight, but I'm usually busy trying to stop it dialing out!

KoolKid wrote: »
    And when you setting the alarm are you able to open and close the door during the exit time.?
    When you disarm it after an activation what does the panel display?

No, it sounds once I pass by the sensor in the hall from what I remember, though one time i think it did sound once the door opened though it was still beeping. Does the pir need to be part of the entry exit zone?

No, it sounds once I pass by the sensor in the hall from what I remember, though one time i think it did sound once the door opened though it was still beeping. Does the pir need to be part of the entry exit zone?

The PiR should be on an Access zone. Its like entry exit, but if the entry zone does not open it activates instantly.
    Therefore its possible the front door contact is faulty and not always opening when the door opens.
    Try a few part sets with the door open. If it shows open then open and close the door again. Try about 15-20 times and see if the alarm is missing any of the open signals.

I'll be there later, how can I check the zones group?

Alarm sounded this evening immediately when I opened the door, panel log showed open front door and hallway pir.

Playing around I found a timers setting that was zero for latch key, so i upped that to 2 mins and will try that in the morning!

Sound correct to anyone?

Ok Quick Google shows me that latch key is something completely different!

So any ideas how I set the delay?

Have you tried to see if the front door contact is open every time?
    Was there anyone changing settings on the panel? Otherwise these settings should be the same as always.

Have you tried to see if the front door contact is open every time?
    Was there anyone changing settings on the panel? Otherwise these settings should be the same as always.

Doesnt seem to be any problem with the front door contact, it detects it as expected anytime I tried it.

I also confirmed last night that the hallway PIR doesnt sound during the exit delay, its just the front door (when entering or leaving)

afaik no one has dont anything to the panel, we only have a user code...

Is this something I need to contact eircom about, would really rather not have to wait for an engineer to come out...or can they check it from base since its "online"?

It's very strange that a zone would act as an entry exit when leaving but not when entering. Can you try one more thing.
    Cover the PiR with heavy paper or cardboard and ensure it's not ppicking up.
    Then try setting and upsetting the system again.

It's very strange that a zone would act as an entry exit when leaving but not when entering. Can you try one more thing.
    Cover the PiR with heavy paper or cardboard and ensure it's not ppicking up.
    Then try setting and upsetting the system again.

sorry, to clarify, it doesnt work as an extry/exit zone at all.

When entering the house via the front door the alarm sounds.
    When leaving while the arming beeps are still beeping, the alarm sounds as soon as the door is opened...

• Advertisement

And did this just work one day and not the next?
    Without engineer access the only other explanation is if it were changed remotely.
    Do you have access to the log?
    Would love to see the log around the time this problem started.

And did this just work one day and not the next?
    Without engineer access the only other explanation is if it were changed remotely.
    Do you have access to the log?
    Would love to see the log around the time this problem started.

Not sure if it ever worked, girlfriend only ever uses her fob so it hasnt been an issue until I arrived and needed to arm/disarm manually!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Not to confuse matters but can you clarify what exactly you mean by 'the alarm is sounding'?

Do you mean the internal siren itself with a loud shrill or just a beeping sound from the keypad/unit?

If it's just beeps that's normal for entry/exit warning you that the system is armed/arming.

I'm presuming he means that it activates. Sounds like it may have always been like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Not sure if it ever worked, girlfriend only ever uses her fob so it hasnt been an issue until I arrived and needed to arm/disarm manually!

Sounds to me like the front door was never programmed as an exit/entry type zone

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Have you checked to see if the back or side door is setup to allow a delay ?
    When you arm with the key fob is he saying " stay/away no entry delay ".
    Motions should be set to group 17.
    Entry exit sensors should be set to group 10.
    Windows group 13.
    Motions you want on at night time group 15.

hey, it's a terrace so only one door.
    It's along as if there is a delay but I think the front door is just the wrong zone.
    the fob and the panel have the same result, so seems like it's the door, the pir seems fine.

i can't see or change the zones with an engineer code from what I can see, do I need to call them or can anyone provide one?

hey, it's a terrace so only one door.
    It's along as if there is a delay but I think the front door is just the wrong zone.
    the fob and the panel have the same result, so seems like it's the door, the pir seems fine.

i can't see or change the zones with an engineer code from what I can see, do I need to call them or can anyone provide one?

Sent you a P.M.

Hey all,

eircom came out the other day. The original installer had mis-labeled the hallway PIR so when it said "front door activated" it really meant "hallway PIR"!

It was also set to the wrong group. Both fixed and no issue now, cheers for the help!

• Advertisement

Hey all,

eircom came out the other day. The original installer had mis-labeled the hallway PIR so when it said "front door activated" it really meant "hallway PIR"!

It was also set to the wrong group. Both fixed and no issue now, cheers for the help!

Good to see you got it sorted.
    I would of presumed the original installer would of tested the system when he installed it. Not so in your case.

Advertisement