Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzzing sound from PS3 audio feed sometimes

Options
  • 20-02-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

This is hard to describe because I'm no sound buff but recently I have noticed a distortion on the sound coming through the PS3. I have not noticed it on the UPC box although it could be there as well, if it was this would indicate the TV itself is screwed.

The PS3 is connected with HDMI to just the TV and it seemed to be working fine for years now.

The problem is only prevalent when certain tones / pitches are hit. For example, I have listened to the same sentence on an episode of Battlestar Galactica on Blu-Ray repeatedly and on one particular word the problem occurs.

I watched an episode of Dexter on Netflix and really noticed it yesterday - someone was shouting a lot and nearly every word had the problem.

I have tried a different cable, and I have manually set the HDMI channels to only 2 as suggested here.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Advertisement