Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another redundancy question

Options
  • 20-02-2014 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Approx 25 of us are being made redundant in the next month. Our employer has put us on a 'consultation period' for 30 days. Personally, i'm in the job over 5 years and have just read on citizens information that i'm entitled to 4 weeks notice period.

2 Questions.

Does my 30 day consultation period count as part of 4 week notice?

If not:

Should i be paid my statutory redundancy AND my 4 weeks notice period?

I work in an outsourcing company when contracts can come in at short notice, hence the consultation period

Thanks

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/unemployment_and_redundancy/redundancy/redundancy_procedures.html
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I would say yes it could be counted as notice. Best solution is to ask your HR to clarify the situation for you, at least then you know.

Best of luck I've been in this situation and it puts you under a lot of stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Have you been made redundant or just put "at risk of redundancy"? Usually they must give you the "risk" letter first and then have the consultation where they try and find you an alternative position etc.

If you've been given your redundancy letter with your last day listed on it then that is your notice.

Advertisement